Britax Frontier - Pink Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi - Just reading through the threads and noticed that someone had wanted the pink frontier.

I special ordered one from Springy's in Hamilton, should take about 4-5 weeks to get here, but at least its not one of the two colours that are available here.

ADS

horseymom

ok, I just talked to them and to come in and order it LOL then I said I'm in Alberta so I have to call back and talk to Ellery. He said he can help me out, I thought pink and red were not going to be avalibal in Canada but he said that they have already ordered a pink sky.....so............ I hope I can get a pink one too!

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Pink and red are both meshy. I hate the fabric, but the colour is pretty... When I saw the fabric at Lifesavers, I was wondering WTH Britax was thinking and that impression has stuck.

-Nicole.

U

Unregistered

I'm confused about how they can get a pink one? I thought that all the different colors had to be tested, even though they are the same seat. If Canyon and Rushmore are the only two that were sent to Canada, I would assume that a Canadian Pink Sky does not exist?

snowbird25ca

I'm confused about how they can get a pink one? I thought that all the different colors had to be tested, even though they are the same seat. If Canyon and Rushmore are the only two that were sent to Canada, I would assume that a Canadian Pink Sky does not exist?

No, the carseat shell itself is what has passed CMVSS 213 standards. Covers have specific standards that they have to meet, but all the covers would meet that standards regarding labeling, thickness & flammability. It's just a matter of Britax choosing to make certain covers available. A manufacturer is free to change buckles, harness webbing, style of LATCH connectors, and covers without recertifying the seat, but as soon as the shell is changed, it has to be recertified. This is true even if it's only adding a cup holder. :thumbsup:

mama2three

Pink and red are both meshy. I hate the fabric, but the colour is pretty... When I saw the fabric at Lifesavers, I was wondering WTH Britax was thinking and that impression has stuck.

-Nicole.

I'm confused. Canyon and Rushmore are both meshy as well. I really think it's nice and my son loves his new seat - much more comfortable than the Marathon for him. Is it a different mesh? I think the point of the mesh is it's cooler.

QuassEE

Canyon's tan isn't mesh, it's actually like a faux suede... The Canyon fabric is reversed in it's colour pattern, and where there's black on the other seats it has tan and the black is actually the mesh portion that's coloured on the other seats. It makes it seem more plush.

-Nicole.

mama2three

Canyon's tan isn't mesh, it's actually like a faux suede... The Canyon fabric is reversed in it's colour pattern, and where there's black on the other seats it has tan and the black is actually the mesh portion that's coloured on the other seats. It makes it seem more plush.

-Nicole.

I have the Canyon so I know what it's like. ;) I just didn't understand why the mesh was such a big deal since they all have them. I've only seen Canyon and Rushmore and they were both the same materials, just different colours. Anyway, I still want the pink one for Victoria. :whistle:

QuassEE

So instead of the faux suede in the Canyon and Rushmore, there's a black material that feels like a cheap piece of felt or something? Uggggh. The mesh is the same, but looks better because it's black. I finally looked at them side by side.

-Nicole.

mama2three

So instead of the faux suede in the Canyon and Rushmore, there's a black material that feels like a cheap piece of felt or something? Uggggh. The mesh is the same, but looks better because it's black. I finally looked at them side by side.

-Nicole.

I think I get what you're saying now. Sorry...I'm a bit slow. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC