Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: which carseat??

which carseat??

Ok, I've been debating this for a long time now, maybe you guys can help me decide! I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, which seat in what vehicle? Right now we only have one vehicle. It's a GMC Acadia and we have the companion in that. But DH is getting a vehicle soon(a small pickup, a toyota tocoma. i think??) and he will be bringing and picking up DS from MIL's everyday. Right now MIL has a companion base in her car as she picks him up and brings him home. But he's getting to heavy to bring back and forth in the companion. I think I'm going to keep him in the companion in my truck for a little while longer, since he still fits nicely in it. I have 2 SS1 or a RA to use. Should i put a SS1 in DH's vehicle and the other in MIL's vehicle? That way they can just leave the SS1 in there and not worry about taking it in and out of the vehicles. Or should I put the RA in DH's truck and the SS1 in MIL's truck? Now I haven't tried installing the SS1 in MIL's truck(2005 Ford Escape) so if anyone knows how it install please let me know. I've installed the RA in there with no problem. And we don't have DH's vehicle yet to try. Anyways anyone have any suggestions?

DS stats..
    13 months old
    18 lbs

Kate(CPST) - Mommy to Gage(5/18/07)
    FF in a Blaze Recaro Prosport & Cardinal Frontier 85 SICT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: which carseat??

If he is getting to heavy in the Companion for MIL I would put the RA in her vehicle and you and DH use the SS1's.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo