grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!

Misty-Bug

I need to call SKJP tomorrow. I just remembered! My harness is fraying a bit on the right side. Phil doesn't want the bigger tounges and I don't blame him but what should I do? Just seeing a little bit of "fluff". Sigh.....That would mean I am out a carseat wouldn't it? And not to mention that they don't carry the coastal blue anymore

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Why doesn't Phil want the bigger tongues? Best thing I ever did was trade in for those. No twisting straps and the velcro on the straps stops them from falling down to the hips. Win win. :)

Harness straps undergo some serious abrasion testing. If the fraying is very slight and the harness is not coming apart in any way, I would not be super concerned.

If you get another one, you can keep your Coastal and just switch out the covers on the new seat.

Misty-Bug

he thinks they will slide down too much. Guess I should try to take a picture tomorrow then post so you can see. I am very anal and paranoid. Plus if something happens in an accident then I would NEVER be able to forgive myself
so what do I say to them when I call to order the bigger tounges? Should I get the longer crotch strap too? Or not?
Also I can't go without a car seat so what do they do to replace them?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
All of the new Radians are coming with the wider buckle tongues, so you don't really have anything to worry about in that respect. ;)

The buckle tongues do *not* slide past the velcro that is on the straps. You won't have to dig for them at all.

You can *not* get the longer crotch buckle in Canada... and I personally don't think you need it.

If you just have slight fuzzing then I wouldn't worry about your straps. You can post a photo for us to see if you like, but if it's slight fuzzing, I wouldn't be worried about it.

Misty-Bug

I am such a worry wart though. It will drive me crazy. So what do they do? Send me a new one? Then I send in mine? I want to keep the cover. Then do I get a newer DOM? Is there anything I need to be on the lookout for for that?

Am I the only one who's suddenly craving Frosted Flakes? :whistle: ;) :p

:2thumbsup::ROTFLMAO:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I am such a worry wart though. It will drive me crazy. So what do they do? Send me a new one? Then I send in mine? I want to keep the cover. Then do I get a newer DOM? Is there anything I need to be on the lookout for for that?

When i got mine replaced about a year ago, b/c it had fraying they were not just fuzzy or pilling they were starting to fray. I was very worried. I emailed them they send me a new seat out with a new DOM and i just sent them the naked radian back i even kept the D ring, and the rfing boot ( i actully forgot about them when i shipped it back). I just put the radain in the box and UPS picked it up about a week after droping off the old on postage paid, ect.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC