Well, I have a rave!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My Kolcraft Universal 2 fits all 5 of my infant seats, and I love it! One hand fold, huge basket, I never kick the wheels... it's great, for a $40 'stroller' (that new Snap and Go is intriguing, I wonder what works on it???).

And I just got a Mountain Buggy Urban Single yesterday, and it's so nice, dh didn't even bother to ask how much it cost, rofl.

And since I know this board is full of Attachment Parents, I'll rave about my Kangaroo Corner Adjustable Fleece Pouch...that is the sling from heaven for me... and dd has been loving it for her whole six weeks so far! (it's the only way she'll calm down at night, if I plop her in there).

Anywho... everyone post questions if you have them, because there are strollerlovers who will come out of the woodwork to answer them, and they know EVERYTHING there is to know about the subject!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Right, it's a frame.. here's what it looks like http://baby-strollers.babycatalog.com/baby-stroller-accessories/universal-car-seat-carrier-2-46251-B
You can kind of see that there's a plastic support 'hammock' there where the bottom of the seat goes, and that really does the trick holding any size/shape of seat. It doesn't snap any of them in, but the RED seatbelt (I think that's a good idea, much more obvious than blue or black!) buckles them all firmly in place.

I DO use all five seats! Some more than others, but it depends on where I'm going/what I'm doing/what stroller I have (for instance, the Combi Centre DX fits great in my I'coo Pico 4 (that's a stroller), which was nice as a travel system when I accidentally left the Kolcraft in dh's car...and the Stay In View (old Fisher Price seat) has a strap rather than a handle to carry it like a sling and is really small and light for when I want to just ditch the stroller altogether.

My fave is the Key Fit...but I might use the Combi Connection, since my other seats are blue and grey, and my car is blue and grey, and the Connection is blue and grey...the Key Fit is brown and grey... (nothing wrong with coordinating sometimes, right? lol)

U

Unregistered

chicco key fit & universal frame

Hi, I noticed that you use the chicco key fit with the kolcraft universal. I was hoping of doing the same, as I really love the key fit (haven't yet purchased it). But when I called up customer service, the kolcraft rep said that it isn't compatible. Baby Trend told me the same for theirs. The Kolcraft rep did say however that they expect an updated guide coming out in May that should reflect the changes in the newest seats. So I don't know if they actually tested out the chicco, and it *really* doesn't fit, or if they are just saying that to be cautious for now.

How secure is it really? There aren't any universal frames in stores nearby me to try out a chicco on it. I love the key fit but am a little nervous not having the company's 'ok' on it. But I don't know if I want to wait until May (with a baby due in July) to see if an update has arrived.

Otherwise, it looks like right now if I want the chicco, they only actual fit is with their travel system--which is pricier than most. It has many neat features, but I'm not sure I want the weight/bulk, and I had issues unlatching the brakes (stiff), and the maneuvering seemed stiff to me. Anyone know anything about their cortina stroller and if these issues are common?

Thanks!

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
How small does it fold? I like the frame idea but if the combi stroller that matches my car seats fold smaller its pointless, KWIM?

Did you ever say which seat thr baby came home from the hospital in?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Oh! I just realized this is the same stroller Darren recommended for the SafeSeat1 :D Neat -- yes, I'm also interested in how small it folds....

ccjones

joolsplus2:

Please tell me more about the Mountain Buggy Urban 1. I was checking out one the other day at a local retailer, and they have a 2005 model on sale for $375. I really liked it, but I am not sure if I want to spend that kind of money because I'm not sure how often we would use the stroller. How often and where do you plan on using your Mountian Buggy? I was also checking out the Bugaboo Frog, but I'm pretty cheap, so I don't know if I could justify the $729 price tag!

Colleen

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I didn't realize you used all 5 seats. LOL I miss the SIV, that was my favorite infant seat ever! Anti rebound before any other seat. LOL The straps on mine got snaged when Liam was 2 months old so we had to send it back and got the latch loc then moved to the RA when he was 4 months old.

I never liked the snap n go, but the new kolcraft one isn't bad. If you like it then it must be ok, considering you have a great other stroller.

I still have not picked a stroller to get or talked DH into letting me get it. LOL

Rachel

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Is the mirror on the SIV considered anit-rebound? I'v be worried that in a really hard rear end crash that it could break, i've need seen IRL but the picks i have seen show it mounted on sort of flimsy looking legs.

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Yes the mirror is considered anti rebound, that part of the base is just like the bottom of the base, its just at an angle, very very cool. The mirror is just glued onto the base, so its not just a mirror sticking up, if that makes sens. It is my all time favorite infant seat. Very very narrow would fit between anything, easy to carry as a sling, fit into my stroller with the toddler seat attached (strange stroller. lol) Considering I had to carry the car seat and a bag with a heart monitor for most of that time it was very nice to have an easy to carry seat.

I will post picture of him in it in the coffee break

Rachel

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I fell in love with the seat during my CPS class, it was so easy to install! I had been set on the portabout up until that point. I took the class when I was 14 weeks pg.

Rachel

Sharlene

Senior Community Member
Check their e-bay id "babysurplus" too. I just got a red MBUD for $446 and change shipped! I paid $50 less than what they are selling for on Albee Baby. It arrived as we were leaving for a long weekend and i haven't had a chance to get it out yet and I am going crazy!

Sharlene

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Dreaming_of_Speed said:
How small does it fold? I like the frame idea but if the combi stroller that matches my car seats fold smaller its pointless, KWIM?

Did you ever say which seat thr baby came home from the hospital in?

Boy, I don't get over here enough!!! Sorry! The baby came home in the Combi Connection...it works so great baseless, and I hadn't installed a base because I didn't know what car we'd be using and stuff. It's also the seat we are using most now for that reason...plus I have a Marina Husky and a blue and gray radian, and my blue and gray connection matches so well in my blue and gray minivan, I feel like a low-flying cloud! rofl! (it's also the lightest of my seats since we are still hauling her into restaurants without the stroller, it just seems easiest...well, the Stay In View is smallest, but dh doesn't like it :( ).

The Kolcraft doesn't fold very small at all... I can shove it in the van right next to the door, though, so it's 'small enough' but I would have much preferred the Maclaren Traveller for size and easy of steering (it also would cost three times as much and I didn't know if it would fit everything like my K2 does, so oh well....).

The MBUS is liked even better than the Frog by those who own both... I find it WONDERFUL for neighborhood walks...it pushes like a dream! I can hold a soda in one hand and push with the other with zero effort. It folds really small, really fast (unlike the frog), and it holds bigger kids than the Frog...so all in all, I'd say it's better for suburban (and sometimes gravelly) walks and fits fine in a trunk (the wheels come off if need be)...even has a bigger basket than the frog...oh, and my I'coo Pico 4 Carry Cot fits in it reasonably well, so the baby can nap very comfortably while I'm out strolling (she likes to feel contained, and isn't a fan of bouncy seats and strollers yet...in fact she'd live in her Kangaroo Corner Adjustable Fleece Pouch if she had a choice).

:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Dreaming_of_Speed said:
Is the mirror on the SIV considered anit-rebound? I'v be worried that in a really hard rear end crash that it could break, i've need seen IRL but the picks i have seen show it mounted on sort of flimsy looking legs.

The SIV base is remarkably solid and anti-rebound... It's really different compared to all other bases, that's for sure (most of it is up on the seatback, there's very little base on the horizontal seat cushion...it's weird, but neat).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC