Jenny

ADS

scatterbunny

Actually, no. :( I've been avoiding this because I just didn't know what to say, but I guess honesty is the best policy. I had an anxiety attack right after the first class, on the drive to my mom's house (where I was staying for the week). I don't really know why--I knew the material, nothing was new--but lots of family stuff has been going on lately and I just didn't feel mentally prepared to spend an entire week away from my home, dh and dd at the moment.

I plan on taking the class (in full) this summer when life settles down.

Longhorn Lady

Oh Jenny, I'm sorry to hear that. I, too, suffer from anxiety attacks and so I know exactly what you mean. Leaving your family for a whole week is a HUGE thing. And with you have extra stuff going on it makes total sense. Probably doesn't make things easier, but I'm thinking of you :)

And you'll be an awesome Tech, whenever that is. In the meantime, you can just be the most knowledgable 'non-tech' I've ever "known" ;)

scatterbunny

Thanks, Marisa. :) It does help to know others suffer the same thing. And I'm blushing at your compliment. :eek: It helps to love what you do, then it's easy to talk forever about it, LOL.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Jenny, if it helps you feel any better I've been having loads of anxiety/depression issues lately with all the stress of school, work, mommying, my parents, moving, etc. -- I hope you aren't blaming yourself like I have to fight myself about ... I just withdrew from 1 of my classes again (this is a trend for me now, UGH) & after reading this I can just see the same happening to me -- maybe you'll feel good knowing your honesty has helped me realize that my trip being canceled is probably a very good thing: I'm going to take a week off enough time from work to hopefully not feel overly stressed out when my class starts :rolleyes: Hope all goes well for you in the fall! (((((HUGS)))))

scatterbunny

Yes, I think sometimes things happen for a reason. I had a gut feeling that I should cancel on the class about a week before it started. My Nana was moving out the weekend before class started into her own apartment 1.5 hours away, so things were chaotic. But I made myself go, partly because I had already paid for the class and partly because I wanted it so badly I figured it would all turn out fine.

I should have listened to my instincts, not only because of the anxiety attack, but because even if I had stayed after the attack I would have been stuck at my mom's, not able to get to class, because we had the first snowstorm in March in Oregon in over 50 years! We actually got snow where I live, at the beach, about 27 feet above sea level.

Tiffany, I hope you can get the time to relax that you need so you can re-group. I've done nothing except play with Hayley, play online, cook food, eat food and sleep for a few days now, and it feels good.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Sounds lovely! Hayley must be enjoying it, too :D

This weekend is great weather here & I missed it having to be at work & studying ... Leila's been playing with grandpa on the swings, but is probably watching some old western movie with him now since the sun has set *Elckh* & grandma wonders why Leila loves ruffly dresses & hikes her skirt up with shoulder bared :eek: :mad: I hate student loans -- I love school, but if I weren't in school we could enjoy more time together *SIGH* Hopefully the weather is really nice during my weeks off because I want to get outdoors!!! (I do love snow, but I get frostbite easily because I'm underweight & have poor circulation) It just sounds sooooooooo nice to take as much time as I want playing with Leila again ... I miss it & so does she -- I keep trying to hint at & talk my guy into letting me just not work other than the random CPST check or weekly childbirth class, LOL -- I'd rather get myself back into regular classes & try to be somewhat social again than continue online classes even though I love the idea of the daycare.... Sorry, I'm rambling now!

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
((hugs)) Jenny, it wasn't the right time for you, don't sweat it you'll get their someday! When it's closer to home too :)

Jodi

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC