returning carseat to walmart?

tierra

i want to get a nautilus from walmart and try it in our cars (not use it, just install it and see how it fits, esp. with my other seats). what if i need to return it? any problems? i was just wondering if there were any strange rules about returning carseats since they are safety items.
TIA!

ADS

jewlsvern

I did it with a Scenara. I bought it, tried it out, and it didn't work right in my car so I returned it. I had no problems at all. I would just make sure to keep your receipt, some stores are cracking down on returns without a receipt.

Mommy2Five

Do you have a Babies r' us near? They let you take the display seats out to your car to try them before you buy!

sunnymw

WM's return policy is great IF you have a receipt. Don't lost your receipt, though!! Ours has a new rule about no returns w/o receipts if the total is over $20.

:)

(Don't know if Sam's sells car seats, but our Sam's will take back anything sold there with or w/o receipt... someone literally returned a used candle. Reason given? Out of wax. LOL)

April

My Walmart takes back ANYTHING. I returned an ugly bed-in-a-bag that DH bought before we were together, with no receipt, and they gave me a $140 gift card. I also had a friend who returned a year old lawnmower, complete with grass clipping, no box, no receipt, and got a giftcard for the full price as well. Don't know if its different in the US, but our CDN Walmarts are better than Costco.

ginny4

i have bought & returned the nautilus at our walmart (not at BRU yet). no problem. but everything was intact (box & tags & such) & never actually used. just tried it out. to tell you honestly some people are return crazy people so you'd have to be sure you can tell it was never used. you don't wanna end up with a used seat. so if you are only checking fit go to BRU if you can.

Simplysomething

Walmart return policy.

Return Policy

Wal-Mart's Return Policy
Customer satisfaction guaranteed by repair, refund or exchange. Also, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.

As an added convenience for customers, Wal-Mart has adjusted its return policy for the holiday gift buying season for items that have a limited return/exchange period (15 days, 30 days, etc.). For these items purchased between Nov. 15 and Dec. 25, the limited return period will begin Dec. 26. This includes items such as TVs, cameras, computers, DVD and music players which can have a 15-30 day return period.

Q: Is there a time limit on RETURNS?

A: Generally, we accept returns within 90 days after purchase. There are a few exceptions, including the below examples but not limited to these examples, to the 90-day rule:

• Computer components and computer accessories must be returned within 45 days.
  • Camcorders and digital cameras must be returned within 30 days.
  • Computers and postpaid cell phones must be returned within 15 days.
  • Prerecorded music, movies, and software products must be returned unopened.
Q: Do you accept RETURNS without a receipt?

A: Wal-Mart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Wal-Mart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25), a credit to the customer's credit card or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.

Q: Do you track RETURNS, do you place a limit on the number of returns?

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.

be careful with walmart returns with gift reciepts. they try to give you the current selling price instead of the price actually paid. happened to me. my mil bought DS a toy that was $42 just days before christmas. he already had it, so I decided to return it with a gift reciept. I knew how much she paid for it. they tried to give me $12. I was like "uh, NO!" I was well within their 90 policy (i think it was a bit over a month when I tried to make the return). I got a couple of managers and refused the $12. The manager took the reciept to "research" it in the back. About 15 minutes later, she came back and said she researched it and the price was $42. ... so I finally got the $$ paid put on a gift card, but not without a big fight! I no longer shop at walmart if I can help it. HATE that place.

that said, walmart was the only place that had a scenera when I needed one, so I went there. this was maybe 5 months or so ago. I hated the thing and returned it with reciept and they didnt give me any problems.

Mama!

I did it with a Scenera too. Just bought it, tried it, let him sit in it a few times in the van, and realized he was too big.

took it and my receipt back and swapped it for another seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC