Side-by-side stroller that accommodates 2 car seats?

soon2bmomof3

We are expecting twins in September. I think I am on the impossible search for a side-by-side stroller (the majority of twin moms say that their kids want to see one another and don't like the feeling of being separated in a tandem stroller) that will hold 2 infant carriers / car seats. I have emailed every manufacturer that I can think of (Bob, Mountain Buggy, Valco, Bumbleride, Maclaren, and I could go on), but none of them will hold 2 car seats. I know that I can buy the double snap-n-go and then the side-by-side stroller that I want once they outgrow the infant carriers, but I am trying to avoid buying 2 strollers. We already have 3 single strollers!

If you can help or have any suggestions/advice, I thank you in advance!

ADS

soon2bmomof3

A great suggestion. Thank you. Unfortunately, we have Graco car seats and the Combi only accommodates their car seats from what I understand.

Keep the suggestions coming please! I'm feeling a little out of control as the reality of these two impending little ones sinks in :D.

Kabes

Ah ha, I see many of them accept a carseat but only on one side -crazy! The last one specifically says it accepts one or two car seats in the description.

Apparently the adapter for the easywalker only allows it to accept Maxi-Cosi seats -shoot!

Last edited:

Starlight

Senior Community Member
The reason that most side-by-side's don't accomodate carseats is because that massively increases that amount of space side-to-side that the stroller takes up, and this type of stroller hardly fits through a door anyway, one built to accomodate a carseat or two is going to make that virtually impossible.

Seriously, if you think I'm kidding, put the two graco seats side by side and see how wide they are. It's huge.

I've personally never seen a side by side stroller to accomodate 2, just some that will accomodate 1 w/ an older child.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Are you sure you want to be able to snap the carseats onto the stroller?

I completely understand wanting the convenience of doing so (especially with two babies! :) :)), but it really is best for babies to be out of their carseats when they are not in the car. Would you be willing to get a side-by-side and just unload the babies into the carseats or into the strollers when you are going from place to place?

First off, congrats on your twins. When are they due? I ask because my b-day is in Sept too. LOL...

Secondly, I searched until I was blue in the face looking at doubles & there is not a SBS in existence that takes 2 infant seats. Like Abby said, that would be one wide stroller.

Honestly, in the beginning the LOs don't seem to care much if they are SBS or not (at least mine don't). The double snap-n-go is a much better way to go. I couldn't survive w/ out mine. I know there are ppl that frown upon using the car seat in the stroller, but w/ 2 it's a PITA unbuckling one putting her in the stroller buckling her in getting her situated then repeating the process w/ #2. I know this because I gave it a shot yesterday w/ my Combi Counterpart Tandem because I hate my Flex Locs. Let me tell you, in 110 degree weather that was just too long & too uncomfy & then their seats were on fire. I'm happy to wait until they are out of their buckets to try that again.

Now, I too am on a mission to find myself a double jogger that I like because of this. My 2yo DS us flippin huge & wound up not fitting well in my Combi. I went w/ the tandem because it had the child tray for my 2yo but the footrest is too small & folds back. My 2yo figured that out quickly & will drag his feet. I need a jogger that will keep his feet off the ground.

If money is no object for you I agree w/ MSK & go for a City Mini by Baby Jogger. I drool over her stroller every time I see it.

If money is an object I've been hearing pretty good things about the in step safari jogger http://www.instep.net/Product/Swive..._Suburban_Safari_2_Jogging_Stroller_11-AR800/

I tried out my DS & one of the girls in it at BRU the other day. I was pleased w/ it's ride even though the display stroller had flat wheels. LOL... My DS doesn't care for strollers much these days but he LOOOOVED being next to one of his sisters.

Also, like MSK said, don't be afraid to wear one if needed. I've done it a few times when I needed DS to be in the stroller & it works great. Great bonding w/ one of the babies & gives them a break from being in a seat or stroller.

I'm not sure how much help I was (if any) but it really is going to boil down to you needing to go try out strollers & see what works best. But there are no SBS that take 2 seats.

lovinwaves

I highly recommend you get one of these.

Our resident twin mommy (mommytobubbasauce) has one and she swears by it.

And then once they have outgrown their infant seats, i LOVE my Baby Jogger City Mini Double stroller.

I really recommend looking into wearing your babies also. :)

Yeah, pretty much that ^^ LOL

(Look at you girl, giving out stroller advice! LOL I'm so proud of you. LOL You learned from the best, right? :p)

NVMBR02

While I agree that is great and usually easiest to wear your babies, the Valco (didn't check all the links) double will take two carseat adaptors and fits to snugrides. It is an expensive stroller though, don't know your budget. Our neighbor has one and decided to try it, even though she was told both adaptors probably would not snap in, but they do.

CarseatDiva

We are expecting twins in September. I think I am on the impossible search for a side-by-side stroller (the majority of twin moms say that their kids want to see one another and don't like the feeling of being separated in a tandem stroller) !

As a fellow twin mommy, We have the Jane Powertwin tandem style stroller. It fits the bill for us! I HAD to have something with big wheels (for the soccer fields) but something thin enough to fit through the YMCA's locker rooms for swim lessons. I love the stroller.

I also have a SBS Peg Perego Micro Twin (no longer made) but I really never use it.

We had a double snap-n-go when the boys were in their infant carseats. It was a lifesaver!!!! Honestly the best money I spent! I resold it on Craigslist for more then I originally paid for it! So they have good resale value!

soon2bmomof3

Thanks a million! You ladies are an amazing resource. It is good to be reminded that there are a lot of options. I am mostly concerned about pre-school drop-off and pick-up for my DD who will be 3 this summer. I am trying to wrap my mind around getting in and out with 2 infants and a 3 y.o. So, one in a stroller and one in a sling is a great suggestion that I actually hadn't given much thought to. But I am very excited to hear that maybe the Valco Double is an option. I will definitely get the double snap. And I have heard great things about the Contours as well, with the number of configurations it has.

So, I had my 28 week appt. yesterday. Babies are measuring big, which makes me much calmer about the possibility of going at 36 or 37 weeks. Although we're due at the end of September, I'm fairly certain we won't go much past the first week of September. My DD was 9 lb. 3 oz. at 38 weeks, so we don't grow small babies by any means.

Okay. Thanks again! I'm off to check out all the links and suggestions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC