iTrader - Ebay style feedback rating system

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
With today's maintenance, I have installed a feedback rating system for members who participate in Carseat Swap. I have no experience with this addon, so please consider it as an evaluation or test. It may stick around or it may disappear if there are problems with use, abuse, maintenance or updates.

I hope it is self explanatory as it doesn't have a lot of documentation.

Features are listed as follows:

Rate another member: Positive / Negative / Neutral
Specify in each transaction: Buyer, Seller, or Trade
Leave multiple comments about the deal
Dates & IPs are all recorded to prevent abuse
Specify a thread URL to the deal
Advanced URL checking
Display ratings over time
Filter based on Buyer/Seller/Trade/or feedback they left for others
Users can edit/delete ratings left for others (10 minute limit)
PM notification when new rating or comment is left
Per-usergroup permissions

For now, you may see ratings detail in the "Feedback" tab of someone's user profile. Please note that users must have Swap access to be able to use iTrader. Users who do not have swap access will still have a feedback tab, but it should appear as zeroes.

Please reply to this thread with feedback about this mod. Bugs, problems, abuse, concerns, praise, etc. I really have no experience with it, so were going from scratch.

I do know that this mod still does not provide any guarantee of a reliable transaction. In fact, there is no way for this mod to know if a transaction actually took place between the members listed. For this reason, we cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the ratings, they are just a rough indication. If complaints of artificial ratings (positive or negative) are received, members may lose access to Swap. So, it would be a good idea to save all correspondence about a transaction in your private messages in case of a discrepancy.

Thank you!

ADS

jka1217

I tried to leave feedback for someone but could not find the thread in swap for the sale. I guess because it was a while ago that I bought it. Does this mean I can't leave feedback for that transaction?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
To see someone's feedback, you need to click on their username and view their public profile.

Then, the tab to the far right of "Visitor Messages" is called "Feedback". Click the Feedback tab.

Now, you can see a member's feedback rating.

To leave that member feedback, click the "View all feedbacks for ...." link at the bottom of the left panel that says "Member Profile".

Now you are in the detailed iTrader page for that user and should see an option/link to submit feedback for that member, among other options.

To leave feedback, there must be an active thread in the Carseat Swap forum.

I may need to remove the option to delete your posts from the Swap forum to facilitate the use of iTrader. If you are unable to delete a thread and an item is sold or no longer available, simple edit your post and change the prefix to the "Sold!" prefix.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I just left feedback for 2 of my most recent transactions, and I found that it required that I leave additional comments, in the larger box, when I didn't feel the need to do so. LOL

Additionally, I've done 2 transactions w/ azgirl in the past few weeks, so I went to leave feedback for them both, and I was given an error message... I must wait until 6/30 at 9:32 to leave more feedback for this user... but it was exactly 9:32 when I tried to leave the feedback. :confused:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I tried to leave feedback for someone but could not find the thread in swap for the sale. I guess because it was a while ago that I bought it. Does this mean I can't leave feedback for that transaction?

If they have deleted the thread already, you will probably not be able to leave feedback. I am investigating how we might be able to undelete all the old threads but this may or may not happen.

If you would like to leave feedback on an older thread and you know the seller's name, rough date and title of the thread, you can send me or Joolsplus3 a PM and we may be able to find it and undelete it. No guarantees, though.

jka1217

To leave feedback, there must be an active thread in the Carseat Swap forum.

I may need to remove the option to delete your posts from the Swap forum to facilitate the use of iTrader. If you are unable to delete a thread and an item is sold or no longer available, simple edit your post and change the prefix to the "Sold!" prefix.

This was my problem. I couldn't find the thread for the sale in swap, so have no URL to enter in the required field. I didn't know if there were archived swap threads or if they were just deleted.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I just left feedback for 2 of my most recent transactions, and I found that it required that I leave additional comments, in the larger box, when I didn't feel the need to do so. LOL

Additionally, I've done 2 transactions w/ azgirl in the past few weeks, so I went to leave feedback for them both, and I was given an error message... I must wait until 6/30 at 9:32 to leave more feedback for this user... but it was exactly 9:32 when I tried to leave the feedback. :confused:

I will see if there are settings I can change for this. Thanks!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
OK, detailed feedback is now optional.

I have adjusted the time limit to rate the same user down from 24 hours to 1 hour. This is the minimum setting I can pick that still will minimize the chance of someone spamming the system.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Most everything is archived. We should be able to restore it if we can find it. A rough date, title and the author of the original post would be a great help if you have any of that information.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The maximum number of total ratings per day will be set to 5 or so, also for spam purposes.

For now, I have raised it to 10 to facilitate people giving retroactive feedback.

If you hit the limit and can't wait till tomorrow or have dozens of old transactions, please let me know.

lovinwaves

Oh yay. I had to stop at 5 ratings, so I made a word document to keep track of all of the ratings I needed to give tomorrow LOL Didn't want to forget where I ended.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I raised it to 10 for now so people can give feedback on old threads. I'll lower it again in a few days.

Are there a lot of people with over say 20 transactions? I can raise it higher temporarily if needed, but I also don't want poor Julie to be getting complaints for people who left tons redundant stuff by accident (or on purpose!).

MOM25BOYS

I am doing something wrong?? I tried to leave feedback and when I click on "view all feedback for" that member in there profile page it gives me a Vbulletin that I do not have access?:confused: What am I doing wrong?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am doing something wrong?? I tried to leave feedback and when I click on "view all feedback for" that member in there profile page it gives me a Vbulletin that I do not have access?:confused: What am I doing wrong?

No, I did something wrong! Try now;-)

celtic1885

I've only left 3 and am trying to leave my last one. I'm getting message that I have to wait until 7-1-08 1:40pm to leave message.
It's 7-1-08 and 1:56pm - I am in Central time zone, and I did close out around 1:48 and retried at 1:56.

Help!
Thanks!

ETA: just tried again (2:20p) and getting same message 7-1-2008 1:40pm

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC