bouncy/hammock for older babies?

tierra

hi all,
i have a somewhat unusual question...
anyone know of a bouncer/hammock type seat that you can use with older babies? something like the Baby Einstein Discovering Water Rocker Seat, which goes to 40lbs...but does not appear to be available any more?
i have a FP Infant-to-Toddler rocker, but DS isn't that fond of it.
our problem is that he is addicted to sleeping in a bouncy seat and the one we are currently using is getting way too small. we are working on the problem, but want some way to get some sleep during this time...especially since he is a stubborn one!;)
i even thought of getting an amby bed, and i see that you can get a bigger spring to use with heavier/bigger kids, but i just worry about him being suspended above the floor since he is very mobile and would try to pull up on it for sure. a seat/bed on the floor would make me less nervous. plus, that is a lot of money for something i am not sure would work!
any ideas?
TIA!:)

ADS

indigoblossom

i know someone that did something similar with long woven wraps hooked to a ceiling beam. her toddlers actually swing from them but i'm not sure if they sleep in them...maybe with the way they're up there it wouldn't be possible, but my suggestion would be a hammock type thing, hung securely.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC