Graco toys does it again!

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Hmmmmm, maybe this is there way of getting the consumer to buy both seats....:scratcheshead: One looks too big for the seat and the other looks too small, we'll get both and switch the dolls!:p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm thinking the folks designing the carseats are not designing the toys.

Yeah, Tolly Tots just has a license to use the Graco name on those things, I don't think Graco has any oversite (unless they are both Rubbermaid and they don't have any inter-office memos?).

At any rate, it's still *really lame* that they can't even *try* to get it right :( (says she who put a newborn age doll in a FF Compass harnessed toy seat this morning with the straps too high and too loose... :whistle:)

Kat_Momof3

My daughter actually OWNS that toy... the doll fits perfectly... head 1" below the top and everything... that picture is just WRONG.

if you notice... the doll is raised a good 2-3 inches off the seat and is lying flat... that's why it appears too big.

Now, that said... I hate that they don't give the doll shoulder straps., but since the seat doesn't have slots for use without the base, I've written it off that it's only a baby carrier, not a carseat.

I'm going to try to get Ruthie a joovy seat for her dollies for christmas.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I don't know, but did anyone see the related items on the side? Tolly Tots also makes a knockoff bugaboo-ish doll stroller (got terrible reviews though). I might get DD the umbrella stroller though, for $10...

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't know, but did anyone see the related items on the side? Tolly Tots also makes a knockoff bugaboo-ish doll stroller (got terrible reviews though). I might get DD the umbrella stroller though, for $10...

We have that stroller and DD likes it a lot. Of course, DH keeps folding it up and hiding it in the closet because he's tired of big toys. :rolleyes: (OK, she DOES have a lot of big doll-related stuff ... Little Tikes carriage, Graco stroller, Joovy car seat, Graco car seat/travel seat, Fisher Price travel seat/feeding chair ... )

Stretchy Glue

We have the older Graco Snugride doll seat and stroller, and the turbo. I've always considered that they are JUST TOYS and never given it a 2nd thought. DD uses the turbo for her American Dolls and the snugride for her Bitty Baby. We also have the Joovy seat and that's the only one that goes in the car.

Honesty, I think that toy car seats (even if they aren't to scale or are missing straps) are a good thing to encourage kids to keep themselves safe. I don't think they have to be perfect to send a message to kids about safety.:twocents:

U

Unregistered1

We have a couple of these at work. We also have some smaller babies that don't go with them. Whenever one of the kids asks me to put the baby in the seat, I tell them "that baby needs a bigger car seat!" make them bring me a smaller one and then rig the 3 point velcro straps into a makeshift five point harness. :p:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC