Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

question about being certified

I was just looking up courses to become a certified tech in my state (Massachusetts) and there is one but its a few hours away from me. I just looked into RI which is only 45 minutes away. Does it matter what state i get certified in?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: question about being certified

You can get certified anywhere in the USA. Safe Kids Techs are Nationally certified.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo

I'm in MA too. If you want, I can get you the contact info for a guy from MPI who's in charge of the courses. He's good about adding you to a list and notifying you when there's one in your area.

I'm actually starting my special needs course with him today.

Laurie - special needs trained CPST, COTA/L & mom to:
    *Marshall
    08/16/02 ~ 12/22/02
    *Murphy 01/05/05, 50 pounds, GN, Monterey, Vivo
    *Anders 09/11/07, 44 pounds, Monterey, Vivo

Murphy where in MA are you? There is one already in MA in lynn but i am pretty much in the cape, so to travel to Lynn 4 days is kinda crazy. Do you know if they have any closer to the cape, anywhere from Brockton down to the cape would be great.