Question Car seat in a Limo?

cryswilkins

Is there a way to put a car seat safely in a Limo? I know that you can not put it on a seat that faces any way other than forward, but can it be done? Have you done it?

We are all in a wedding next month, and I am wondering if there is a way to ride in the Limo with the rest of the wedding party or if we will have to follow separately.

ADS

tiggercat

It depends if the limo has forward facing seats. The limo the funeral home drove us in had latch and tether anchors in the rear bench seats, and the seat contours were pretty "normal", I'm sure a seat would have installed just fine in them.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
When I went to Vancouver last year my friend put her son's MA in a limo. I wasn't with them at that point, so I'm not sure of the details, but they did show me pics, and I couldn't see any problems with it.

jka1217

I was able to get my Uptown in the limo for my sister's wedding a couple weeks ago. This was a 12 passenger limo, I want to say it was a Lincoln, and it had lap/shoulder belts in the seats that faced forward as well as tether anchors. I did not have time to see if there were lower anchors or not. My only trouble was that the seats were really squishy, so I had to really push down into the seat to make sure I got it tight.

I took some pictures of the seat installed.

DSCN1655.jpg

DSCN1656.jpg

DSCN1658.jpg

cryswilkins

So is it agreed that this is someting that is compleatly safe to do?

Hmmm... now to figure out how to install said seat while in heals and a dress.....

mum2two

Also depending on if your child is a girl or boy..and if their wedding attire is poufy, etc...be careful strapping them in...the velcro on my MA snagged DD's dance recital costume.

Beth

jka1217

I forgot to add that this was just a 3 mile in town trip between my parents' house and the church, with the bridal party only. All our bags were in the trunk for the ride and we wore seat belts. After the wedding, DD rode with my parents to the reception because we had an 18 passenger SUV limo with the entire wedding party and it was a longer drive on busier roads. Plus, we were going to take pictures and she'd had enough for the day.

The risks I see are if the other passengers and their items are unrestrained.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The risks I see are if the other passengers and their items are unrestrained.

I was going to say the same thing - make sure that ALL other passengers are going to be restrained. Unrestrained passengers are an absolute deal-breaker for me. :thumbsdown:

MsFacetious

I see no problem with it if it's on forward facing seat. There's no reason not to do it.

I wouldn't let my kids ride in a limo without one. It makes me cringe everytime that happens.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... it's just basic safety stuff... make sure the carseat is installed on a forward-facing vehicle seat... make sure everyone is buckled... clothes aren't too poufy (you can always take the clothing off, put the kid in naked, then put the clothes back on upon arrival), and no projectile hazards (bags stowed in trunk)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC