Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Great idea!

Moderator - CPST Instructor mom2acrew's Avatar

Great idea!

I love the new topic! Darren, are you going to allow "swapping " of strollers or just chatting?

Jodi, Who will soon give birth to a new reason to stroller shop!

okay not very soon but soon enough

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Almost anything goes, subject to any restrictions in the announcement;-)

Neat idea - I know absolutely NOTHING about strollers ... other than that ours sucked when Leila was tiny & I rarely get to use the cheap jogging type my parents got me I'm sure I'll be all over this board when the time comes as future dad-to-be is going to want a stoller even if I'm not "into them"
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

I'm a stroller addict, and now I can't decide between the Britax Preview, Graco Mosaic, Chicco C5, Peg Aria (in pink, of course), or MacLaren Quest. LOL
    I guess I'm the exception because I've always loved my Graco strollers, but then the weight wasn't a problem for me because I was buying all-terrain strollers, which are always heavier. (Outrider, Air 6, ect.) I've yet to find an umbrella I'm happy with that we can afford though.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Talking

Oi, Rebekah you just confused me now as much as when I 1st found this forum 2 years ago No no, I don't need a stroller yet, so I'll just stay away - stay away - stay away...! I can confuse myself with all this in another 9+ months, LOL
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

I really liked the Aria for features, light weight and easy folding. The downside is that everyone who owns one seems to say it's a real clunker to push and steer with a kid in it:-(

I just ordered a Combi Cosmo DX for travel to replace our old Savvy. Baby Bargains and StrollerQueen gave it good reviews. It's seems like a really nice stroller for the money, but it's clearly not a high end model. The price was right so I won't be afraid to gate check it or leave it unattended...

Carseat Crazy
    Yeah, I'm not a big Aria fan. I love the look of it, but not its practicality. My biggest problem with it is the buckle/harness system. With a bigger kid who doesn't need to be buckled its not big deal. But for a young baby/toddler its a bear to deal with since the harness doesn't actually attach to the stroller at all and can come off at any time. Just doesn't make me feel very confident, as the baby could slip out of the stroller at any moment.

And yeah, I find it hard to steer with and without a kid in it.

LOL If either the Preview or the Mosaic came in pink or purple my decision would be easy. lol But I need a lightweight, small stroller with a decent recline because Joyjoy does occasionally fall asleep in the stroller. I'm actually very happy with my Air 6, but it's wide, and it doesn't do well in tight spaces, not to mention it takes up almost the entire cargo area of the Jeep!
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    - Denis Waitley

UKFan78

Smile

I thought that the Mosaic DID come in pink?? I found it at a couple places in a color that LOOKS pink, LOL! Here is what I am talking about...

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...7930?stage=all

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/pro...S&CategoryID=2

Isn't this pink??

Melissa

Senior Community Member super_grape's Avatar
    http://arunningstroller.hostasaurus....egory_Code=ING

What about this one?? I love the bright pink and it's a good
    price too...much cheaper than the Quest, altho I don't know
    much about the Swift. I did push one around in a baby store
    a few months back and it seemed decent enuf.

Good luck pink-stroller shopping!

Holly

My hubby is not going to thank you! LOL oooohhhh, boy! More PINK! LOL
    - Denis Waitley