finally got confirmation from SK

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
About the Radian RF weight limit! He said that I can use my 33# to 35#! Russ Berger: "No differences in the seats – just additional testing easily confirmed the increase RF allowance from 33 lbs to 35 lbs." Just thought you all should know. I asked him about the redesign coming out in August and he said there was no such thing:confused:

ADS

canadiangie

Was this a verbal conversation or do you have it in writing (ie: email)?

Russ makes me nervous with all the *chatting* he does.

Yes, I'm sure the Radian passed with flying colours rf to 35lbs, but IMO, if they let one customer use their 33lb seat rf to 35lbs they should let them all. Like issue an official statement, or an advisory notice, etc. Make it more definite, kwim?

Like if you use your seat rf to 35lbs and the seat fails in a collision, and your child is injured, and you can somehow prove that the seat was defective, is SK going to come back at you and say "well you used your seat past what the sticker says". To which you'd reply "Russ said I could", and magically there's no record of him ever saying such a thing. And therefore you lose your legal case based on reasonable doubt that the seat *may* have been defective, but we can't prove that because you used the seat against manufacture specifications.

Like I said, it just makes me nervous. Not all people think this way though... so feel free to ignore my ranting. ;)

cpsaddict

I was SO confused when I got my Radian witha DOM of 3/08. The stickers on the side of the seat said 33lbs. The instruction manual attached to the back of the seat said 35lbs. The tag hanging on the front also said 35lbs. I was comfortable using it to 35lbs rearfacing. In my opinion, they would not include new manuals with that info in them if the seat was not meant to be used that way. Unless they count on the average parent not reading the manual.

mamaofthree

Also, it was confirmed in the SK chat that the Radian IS getting minorly redesigned. No absolute specifics, but at least a removeable harness. Did they change their minds? It sounded like something was def coming. :confused:

Kimberly

skaterbabs

I'll believe when I see it in writing from someone other than Russ. :twocents:

I've met him, he's a nice guy, but he's a salesman.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC