Awesome Safety Video

dvmroth

I don't know if any other parents here struggle with trying to teach your kids about "strangers" and also people who they know but shouldn't "trust" I found as my kids get older and participate in more activities I was worried about them being tricked by adults out to harm them but didn't really know how to talk to them in a way that would make sence.
So, I recently picked up a video created by John Walsh and the lady who does Baby Einstein. It divides adults/older kids into "don't knows" "kinda knows" and "safe side adults", it also talks about personal space and different situations that they might find themselves in.
I feel like I now have tools to talk to my kids about who falls into these different categories and my kids also seem to feel empowered that they can make good choices (instead of feeling like mom is the only one who can protect them). They are now watching it for the third time today--they LOVE IT!
The name of the video is "Hot tips to keep cool kids safe with people the don't know and kinda know" You can also visit their website at www.thesafeside.com
I feel like I'm not doing a very good job explaining the video--but I really thought it was fantastic and thought it might be helpful to other parents on this board.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC