Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Travelling with the Radian + luggage cart

If anyone is interested.

A Radian 65 + 155lb weight cart that has fold out wings
    + (I got mine from Target for $27 - currently not in stock) But looks like this in Black
    = Success!

I believe the 155lb version is much sturdier than the 100lb. I'd have worried about bending during disrespectful travel ... not with this one.

Fits marvelously using the LATCH Straps. Not too difficult -- push in bottom of seat. Criss-cross the lower straps, around the sides, over the back rail & then attach to the bottom rail.
    Top tether hooks to a thick back rail. Good to go.

DD loves being pulled around in it. Very sturdy, no toppling at all, even on carpet. Sits completely upright without having to hold on to it either. Since I'm not using the included elastic to try to keep the Radian in, I can strap in our planned carry-on if she's not in the seat. She's stuffed in her dollies.

If my camera wasn't fritzy, I'd take photos. But it's doable for me to pull her around at over 42lbs, which is what I was curious about, plus maneuver a carry on. Also, how quick can I fasten/refasten it. Won't be really easy to refasten it on the plane, but I just got notified that AA has changed our flight to depart from DFW to an hour later.

So, no rush to make it across the terminal with now a 2 hour layover. And this is in late Sept -- so who knows how many more changes they'll make. (sigh).

Anyway -- luggage cart, I think will be immensely helpful since it's just dd and I travelling together through airports & shuttles on 4 separate occasions & Radian does not have a handy dandy carry handle.
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Travelling with the Radian + luggage cart

sounds good, would love ot see pics when you can

Carseat Crazy

Do you know if this is on the current Target website? Is there an item # to look up. Thanks

Neat!!

Even if it did have a handy dandy carry handle, I couldn't imagine lugging those almost 30lbs across DFW!! Plus a carry on, PLUS a DD!
    Sunny, a new patrol car, an old raggedy Civic, and:
    J | 10.06 | RSTV2(L)
    M | 07.08 | RSTV2(S)
    K | 07.11 | FN90CT

Quote Originally Posted by dylanandoliviamom View Post
    Do you know if this is on the current Target website? Is there an item # to look up. Thanks
    I looked, but it seems to be out of stock since they have the 100lb cheapie and the 200lb versions.

The photo came from the Amazon.com website, where this is sold by someone else in chrome. Comes to about the same amount with shipping costs.

The brand & info on the cart I purchased was:
    Embark
    155lb Capacity (70kg)
    Deluxe Multi-use Folding Cart
    23 1/4" H X 14 1/2" W x 5 3/4" D

Foldsup easy for space saving storage. Expandable deck for Large loads.
    5 year warranty.

hth
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

CPS Technician

Walmart has a 150lbs on for $19.99.. Iw ill try and find pics. I am using it for my Blvd. using the latch and tether and it is PERCFECT. My sis just but the Go-Go Kidz so they will be neat to compare...

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf

CPS Technician

Okay here are pics. I got this at my local Walmart hidden behind stuff. It is very sturdy. I can push it foward easily with one hand or pull it back with one hand.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
    Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
    River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf