Maxi-Cosi Priori Convertible Car Seat

startrace96

Does anyone own a maxi-cosi priori convertible car seat? If so, do you like it? I'm thinking of buying one, but I'm not sure if I want to buy it or the britax roundabout? I have a 2002 Honda Accord, and it does not have the latch in the middle, which is where the seat will have to be installed. I have to have a seat that has the belt lock off, because of how my seatbelt is made I can not use a locking clip, the clip pokes in the back of my DD back, if she was forward facing. She's not ff yet, I was just trying to find a seat that would work. :confused:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You want a seat with a rearfacing lockoff, so the Maxi Cosi is out. For forward facing you will NOT need a locking clip, just use the seatbelt's locking retractor (pull it all the way out, let it retract back in tightly).

True Fit or Marathon would be your best buys, the Roundabout just doesn't last long enough for most people to be worth the money, though it IS nice!

startrace96

If the height of the seat will fit in the car rf I can use the locking clip rf, I just cant use it ff. The maxi cosi just looked a little shorter than the other ones, but I was not sure if it is really shorter, because I didnt see the 2 together. I have not seen a true fit. Where can I find that one at?

SillyLily

The maxi-cosi is much shorter than the Marathon. But I believe I have seen posts on here that people have been able to get a marathon rearfacing in the same car as yours. The Marathon really would last much longer both rearfacing and frontfacing than the maxi-cosi.

I have a maxi-cosi and a marathon. I did not like the Roundabout at all (I tried it at the store). It is NOT like a "mini-marathon", it doesn't have all the same features. The maxi-cosi is nice, but it is almost as expensive as the marathon and is not quite as nice. Both seats are easy to use, but the marathon has lockoffs for both rear and front facing. I love the cover on my midnight owl priori (which is purple, not blue), it doesn't pick up dirt as much as my mariposa marathon. But the priori's harness, chest clip, and buckles are the exact same as is in the scenera so the buckles can be hard buckle.

If I were you, I would go to babiesrus or somewhere else that you could try a marathon and see how you like it/if it installs well in your car. Also search around on this forum to see if you can find any posts with people who have the same car as you and see what seat they have in their car. The marathon can be installed more upright for an older child than it has to be for a little baby, so that it takes up a lot less front to back space.

Also, here is a link to a post that I made about the maxi cosi priori. It has pictures of it and the marathon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC