Britax lovers opinions on Nautilus?

tierra

I SO wanted to get a Britax (Frontier or Regent) for my 4.5 yo son. However, it looks like (from these boards) that the Frontier is a difficult install in my car, and I am unsure about the size of the Regent.
So, considering the Nauti. I let my son sit in one at WalMart yesterday and he loved it! ;) It fit him well. I also was surprised by the quality and I have heard that the installs are a breeze.
So, any of you who love Britax...but have a Nauti? Opinions?

ADS

fyrfightermomma

I've been a Britax mommy since day 1. I've never owned a non Britax until two months ago *gulp!*

I was so afraid to get the Nautilus but couldn't fathom buying two Frontiers. So I bought one Frontier and one Nautilus.

I have to honestly say I like the Nautilus better. I will never be brave enough to bring along the Frontier to put in someone else's car due to install issues but have no problem brining the Nauti along. It's installed in every car beautifully.

My daughter seems more comfy in the Nauti also. However, head slump can be an issue. It's an issue in my car, but not my husbands. It wasn't at all in my parents car. It just seems to cradle them a little more

So I have converted and LOVE my Nauti. I am thinking of selling my Frontier and getting another :)

MOM25BOYS

Another Britax lover here that has gone astray to the Nautilus....:eek: I bought 2 to replace my son expiring Huskys and wasn't sure about them. I couldn't try the boys in them at Walmart since there was no display. They had just 2 left in on the back of the shelf so I snatched them up.:evil grin: I am very impressed with them and just sold my Marathon to get another Nautilus for DS4 when he outgrows my 2nd MA. I have the head slump issue, but not all the time. My boys love them alot more than the Huskys they had and they install alot easier and tighter than the Huskys did in my SUV.:thumbsup: I would have to say that Graco has won me over with this seat. Easily justifiable to spend $150 on something that will last into booster years as opposed to spending close to double for short term.:twocents:

momtoirs

We've loved our Britax seats, as well, but DS is now riding in a Nautilus in both vehicles. It installs easy, traveled well, DS loves it, the price is easier on the checkbook, . . . . We had looked at a Regent and considered waiting for the Frontier (but didn't). The Regent we couldn't get installed in both vehicles and then once the Frontier came out, I heard that people were having installation challenges and we decided to stay with the Nautilus. We were in an accident (no one was hurt) earlier this week and when I told DS he might have to ride in his Marathon while we waited for a new Nautilus, he became quite upset and adamant that he have a Nautilus. We were able to find one right away fortunately. His head does slump a bit sometimes when he's sleeping, but he's never woken up because of it or complained later of any discomfort. We'll be doing 12 hours of driving soon in it as long as the car is deemed road-safe by the mechanic today. (Body repairs could not be done before we leave -- I think they are quite backlogged with hail and storm damage).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am another Britax groupie who owns a Nautilus and LOVES it. :p

PROS of the Nautilus:

I like the harness adjuster on the GN better than that on the BV.

I like the way the GN sits low better than the high base on the BV.

PROS of the Boulevard:

I like the LATCH connectors better on the BV than on the GN.

I like the feel of the cover better on the BV than on the GN, but I don't dislike the cover on the GN.

HEVY

Well I don't own a GN but I did get to try it out and the only thing I didn't like about it was the lapbelt during booster mode was more over the stomach. But was told that when the child reaches harness limits the belt fits better.

Melizerd

Well my DS isn't big enough yet to decide between the Frontier or the Nautilus but the more people actually use the Frontier (and with the belt path options) I am being won over to think I'll likely end up with that over a Regent in a year or so.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I like Britax and have always had some kind of Britax seat (though I've never been married to the brand).

I got a Nautilus when they first came out, and I love it. We also have a Regent, which I also love. (The Regent works better in our short car because it doesn't have the base. The Nautilus is all-around easier to install and use, but because it's taller, we have it in our SUV.)

I played with a Frontier yesterday (just in the store--didn't try it with DS and didn't install it), and it was very impressive. Given its installation issues and $$$ price tag, I'm not sure I'd recommend it over the Nautilus, but I wouldn't NOT recommend it either.

Forget about the "name" attached to the seats: try them out and get the one you like best.

skaterbabs

The Frontier's top harness position is actually shorter than the Nautilus' top position. If you want the height in harness mode, go with the Graco. If you want it as a booster, get the Frontier. :twocents:

Jacks

We have always used Britax seats (First the DC and now the Regent) We also have a Nautilus and LOVE it. It is so easy to install. Took it on a day trip with our neighbors and I had it taken out of our car and installed rock solid in hers in about 2 minutes. The cup holder and little compartments are awesome. Jack is just at the top slots of the Nautilus and still on the second to top for the Regent so the Regent definitely has more growing room as far as keeping a child harnessed longer. He is very tall for his age though. I highly recommend the Nautilus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC