If you got into a crash and had to replace your seats what would you get?....

emandbri

assuming the insurance company said buy anthing ;)

Right now in my car I have two marathons, a parkway, and a prospect. I would get a marathon for Elizabeth and get frontiers for all the boys.

What is in Brian's car changes so much but let's say that it had a radian and a monterey. I would get another radian and instead of the monterey get a frontier.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow, toughie!!

I guess if DH's car crashed I'd get a Marathon to replace the Roundabout and I'd definitely replace the Cleks.

In my car...Gosh, I would love Frontiers BUT I don't know yet if they can be used in booster mode with JUST the top tether...that's why I like the Recaros, they are top tethered and don't need LATCH. I also love the Radian, but might go with a Marathon since Leah's monkey enough to get up into any seat by herself now, I don't need the low-loading baseless seat.

Mommy2Five

Do I get a new car too? LOL

Assuming yes, I'd get a Sprinter (want one anyway)
Then I'd be able to fit the Regents and Marathons that I want :)

wendy1221

That's tough. I'm not sure. I was going to install the infant seat today, mainly so it's done with and b/c the darn cats won't stay out of it! so I'll have to think of 4 seats even though I currently only have 3 kids. ;) For ds1, I'm not sure what I would get. Probably a Monterrey. Or maybe a Frontier, he may still fit in the harness. Ds2 is in a blue bouquet Regent. I really love the cover. LOL. I think I would definitely get him a Frontier, though. He needs more head support. And for my 2yo and the baby on the way, I think I'd get Radians, just b/c I think I'd really like them. Ds3 is in a Boulevard, but it would be nice to have a little more room in the back seat (ds2 rides in the middle row b/c he gets carsick and it's not as bad there.) I have a Companion infant seat, and I LOVE it, but I have big 9lb+ babies, so a convertible would probably be ok. so I think I'd go w/ a Radian b/c I want one and it would last longer. lol

wendy1221

Oh, and if I got a new car, I think I'd still get a Toyota Sienna. That's what I have and I LOVE that thing! Except I would get an 8 seater instead of the 7 seater I currently have.

melniemi

Oooh, I'm not sure. I like the regents for the boys and I think it is the only seat that will harness my oldest. I think I would keep regents for the boys - or possibly get Frontiers since they would last longer and be great boosters - and get some Swedish seats for the girls:whistle:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The only one I haven't tried out yet is the Frontier.

I would still get two Radian's in a heartbeat, I would still want another Parkway (A fits sooo well in that seat), and I'd replace the Marathon with a Frontier (I think - the verdict is still out until I see one irl... I just saw the Trufit yesterday and I was *NOT* impressed.)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would keep the Radian, Regent (pre-ad), Frontier, Clek, 1 TB.

I would trade the 2 other TB, Combi Kobuk, Combi Dakota. I know I want a Start, not sure what else.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would replace the BV with a BV.

I would replace the GN with a GN or Frontier (if I was allowed to buy anything!).

I would replace the Scenera with a Radian or Uptown.

I would replace the Snugride with a SS1.

skaterbabs

Well, if I were in a crash with the MA, I'd probably go with the Frontier. If it were the Regent, I'd get a new Regent. I haven't got a clue what I'd replace the PWs with. Maybe Frontiers and just use them as boosters.

steph

I would replace my Marathon with a Two-Way:rolleyes:, if I couldn't do that I would get another Marathon.

If Ryan's Dad had to get a new seat I would replace his Boulevard with the Frontier (because he is FF in that car and it would last him longer).

Caseylaine

I would get a new Radian.. boring I know. but oh so slim and makes for travelling in the backseat so much more comfortable for other people.

If that wasn't an issue then maybe the True Fit!!

SillyLily

If it was the Audi, I would get another Priori and a 35 pound RF limit princess Radian. In the Subaru, I would get a princess Radian (preferably 35 pound RF, but not as important because my older dd rides FF in that car) and a 35 pound RF Marathon (not sure what cover).

And if I had to replace the Audi right now, I would replace it with a 2001 or newer A6 (with LATCH) with the 4.2 liter engine. If I had to replace it in a year (after I start working again) I would replace it with a 2008 or 2009 Subaru STI.

The Subaru that I have now I would replace with the same year/model.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'd replace the Husky with a Graco Nautilus, and the Radian with a Radian.

And if I were replacing the Radian, I'd also be strangling the idiot who hit the Golf - it's essentially irreplaceable. :(

As for the boosters, I might get Cleks to replace the TBs/Air, but it would be up to the boys. Actually, scratch that - I would definitely get Cleks to replace the TBs in dh's car, because he NEVER remembers to buckle them when they're empty. In my car, though, I'd be fine with just replacing the TB and the Air with the same.

christineka

I'd get two radians (found out I can only use them in the middle seats), two parkways, and either an uptown or a scenera. I'd like better seats, but I have to fit them all in there. Now, if we got a new van, then I'd get an Odyssey, 4 radians, and two parkways. (I'm hoping they'd all fit.) Oh, wait. I only have 5 kids now. I would go with the radian over the parkway then and put 7 year old in a harness. I'm turning my kids into car seat geeks- or trying to. My 5 year old keeps telling me he wants a booster. My 7 year old, however would rather rear-face.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC