Update on our Frontier (new pics)

essnce629

So we've had our new Frontier (the red one after the pink mixup) for two weeks now and Conner loves it. He's 4y10m old, 43lbs, 43 1/2" tall, with a 14 1/2" torso. He's in the third harness "notch" from the top. It must be extremely comfortable since he's fallen asleep on every car trip that has lasted longer than 10 minutes! We've done 3 trips so far that have been longer than 2 hours. He's slept the ENTIRE 2+ hours each time with absolutely no head bobbing. He says the seat is very comfortable. He did say, however, that he likes the fabric on his Huntington Regent better though. The Huntington fabric is soooooo nice and velvety soft.

I've only had the straps twist in the buckle tongue twice so far, but I'm always very careful when I'm putting him in the seat and I buckle him myself each time. I also hold the crotch pad down in front while he climbs in so it doesn't get stuck under him. He loves the cupholders and pretty much ignores the armrests since he's not really wide enough to be able to use them yet.

I did take the time to unscrew the headrest to be able to try it out in booster mode. Boy does that headrest go up HIGH! And remember, you must remove the harness straps completely in order to try the seat in it's highest booster positions. With the straps fully removed the headrest moves up 5 more positions in booster mode. And I definately measured 24" belt guides in the highest position! The headrest moves up easily in all 5 positions. With the headrest in it's highest position I can actually fit in the booster and my shoulders are still slightly below the belt guides. And I'm 5'7 and 120lbs. It felt like a pretty comfortable seat and my hips were able to fit in it.

I tried Conner out in the seat in booster mode and there's no way he would fit in it right now. In the lowest headrest position in booster mode the belt guides are still a full 4 inches above his shoulders. In their highest position he still has 10 inches of torso growing room!

I've included all new pics in the red Frontier, complete with booster pics:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbsnDVo1YtmZ5

ADS

horseymom

awsome! I can't wait to get one! what is the top harness slot hight? I just want to make sure my 15.5" torso 3.5yr old dd will have years and years to use it :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
awsome! I can't wait to get one! what is the top harness slot hight? I just want to make sure my 15.5" torso 3.5yr old dd will have years and years to use it :)

It's a little over 18 inches depending on how you measure it. My 18.5 inch torso 8 yo just outgrew it :)

loufrando

Wow, so does this mean that the Frontier is officially the tallest booster on the US market right now? Isn't the Monterey 22 inches and you are showing the Frontier at 24 inches?

Hmmmm... and it's LATCHable in booster mode... hmmm...

Heather98012

I was wondering if you had gotten the correct seat. YEAH! I'm so glad he loves it. My dd loves her pink one in my car & red one in dh's car.

I'm sure you're like me...the longer you have this seat, the more you love it! Glad your son loves it, too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC