Darren, any luck finding out

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
No, sorry, no reply yet. Sometimes it takes them a while. If I don't hear anything in another week or so, I will send it again.

U

Unregistered

A related question... Can you confirm that the LATCH limits on the older Odysseys (2003 to be exact) are 40 pounds?

I can't find the information anywhere, other than heresay. I checked the owner's manual, a couple of forums (ie odyclub.com), and spoke to several people at a dealership (who could not show me anything in writing and really didn't have a clue).

And how do you find the LATCH limits for other cars? Do most owner's manuals have them included?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Unregistered said:
A related question... Can you confirm that the LATCH limits on the older Odysseys (2003 to be exact) are 40 pounds?

I can't find the information anywhere, other than heresay. I checked the owner's manual, a couple of forums (ie odyclub.com), and spoke to several people at a dealership (who could not show me anything in writing and really didn't have a clue).

And how do you find the LATCH limits for other cars? Do most owner's manuals have them included?

If it is not listed in the owner's manual or available by calling the manufacturer, then use this resource- current as of the printing in early 2005. Manufacturers provided this information to Safe Ride News:

http://www.saferidenews.com/pdfs/LATCHApp_B_pg105.pdf

U

Unregistered

Thank you for the quick reply.

Can you explain what the second column means (Tether Maximum used with safety belt)? It makes it sound like you shouldn't tether your carseat after that weight (ie 40 lbs for Honda).

T

tribecamom

just popping in to see if Darren got a response

from Honda on latch weights on the 06 Ody?

S

SingleMomTo2Girls

So this basically means that the vehicle manufacters have weight limits on tether anchors? I always thought there was no weight limits on tether anchors, only on LATCH.

So it is a parental decision whether to tether past the suggested weight limit? Because the NHTSA does not set a weight limit... or we get the heavy duty tether anchors installed. Geesh, I thought this was one thing I would not have to stress about.

Anyone know which vehicle manufacters do the heavy duty tether anchors?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I don't know which vehicle manufacturers have the highest weighted tether anchors, but yes they can varry ... what I do know is that www.ezonpro.com offers tether anchor kits that they claim are tested to withstand about 1,000# of force more than Ford's -- they're not expensive from EZOn, but a dealer will often give the 1st tether for free.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC