Rear-facing in Honda Pilot

bekah

Anyone know a good car seat for rear-facing in a Honda Pilot? My SIL is convinced that her Evenflo Triumph (not advanced) won't fit and is going to just let her infant ride in his snug ride until he's one (but he's 2 months and already 15 lbs!). I told her the Evenflo would probably fit. Do you know of a higher weight/height seat that would fit? She and dh are both 5'6" and under.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
The Marathon fit great in the Pilot rear facing. The 2nd row of that vehicle has so much room I can't imagine a RF seat that wouldn't fit.

Ali

I have a 2001 CRV (so definitely smaller than the Pilot) and have no problem fitting a RF Britax Marathon in the center. It could go in either outboard seat with the seats one click forward, so she should have absolutely no problem fitting a MA in a Pilot.

If she can fit an infant seat, then a convertible should fit even better since it doesn't need to be at a 45 degree angle like the infant seat.

serabi

A Pilot is huge!! I have no idea what she's talking about :)

We have, so far, installed a Britax Companion, a Britax Decathlon, a Britax Marathon and an Alpha Omega 3-in-1 in our Pilot, all RFing. With no issues :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, I think pretty much anything will fit in the Pilot RF, especially at a more upright angle for an older baby (not now, since he's 2 months, but maybe once he outgrows his infant seat).

Since she wants to keep him in the Snugride until he's a year old (since the other seat "won't fit") does that mean she plans on turning him FF at one year? If so, you might want to print out/link her to some info on extended RF.

steph

You can see my son RF in a britax marathon in the pic below and I have a 2007 Honda Pilot - he was also RF in a Britax Boulevard in his Dad's 2004 Honda Pilot so it definately has more than enough room

sopapia

we've had marathon rearfacing before and it's fits fine. now we have a regent and a FF marathon in the second row. pilot has plenty of room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC