Do you like matching seats?

Caseylaine

When you need more than one seat in your vehicle, do you like having the same seat for all children (if possible) , or do you like getting crazy and put different seats in?

;)

ADS

christineka

I could care less as long as I have appropriate seats. Then again, my household is filled with random stuff I get for free...

I would love to have all matching seats - but obviously not practical with 3 different sized/aged kids.
Closest i can get is all black. couldn't possibly consider mad colour combinations:eek:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have only picked the color on my Radian. The Regent, I was lucky, it matched and I bought another matching cover. The frontier was given to me, but it matches. My clek matches, but that was the cover that came on it. My two new TBs match, but again, didn't get to pick a cover. I want them all to match, or atleast not look horrible together, but I was just lucky.

FrogJuice

I could care less but my DH is stickler when it comes to things like this and likes them to match, so we used to have eddie bauers that matched, but know have recaros that fit our kids way better, able to have different seats that fit each child right, but have same pattern.

Oh before I had in my grey interior/with black accents in my kia sedona:

*Blue Cosco Scenera(Dark blue)
*Blue evenflo chase
*Greyish/blackish/redish graco cargo
*Onyx regent
*FPSVD(Red/black)
*Onyx Marathon
*Graco High back booster-black with maroon
*Grey Radian

(So, nope didn't care and really still don't as long as I have a seat).

Now I have(Same van)

*Red/black Britax Frontier
*Red/black FPSVD
*Red/Black FPSV High back booster
*Navy blue Cosco Scenera
*Black with maroon Graco High back booster

*The only seats for my kids are the Red/black frontier and the Red/black FPSVd-I did not match those on purpose it just happened! LOL!

Chex

I really don't care if they match or not. (Obviously, since none of mine do). I've always wanted to get a girly seat, though. But dh won't let me *just in case* we have any more boys. He doesn't want them to have to sit in a girly seat. And I'm not willing to pay for more covers on the carseats I do have. They're just too expensive. But if I had my way, my girls would all be in pink carseats!:p

dhardawa

I either like them to match or coordinate. So, for example, for awhile Max was in a Jonah Marathon and Emily was in a Dragonfly one. I had couture covers on both and pinkish for my girl and blue for my boy. Now, I have a Zebra Marathon and a zebra print Clek Olli.

tweetykl

They don't have to be the same seats but I dream of Cowmooflage for all of them. When is the Frontier coming out in it? lol

Tara

I don't care. I let the kids pick their cover when possible.
The only thing even coordinating in my vehicle has been a Jefferson Tan RA and now a Monaco Radian...vehicle has tan leather interior :p
I've never had any matching or coordinating car seats though.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
YK, I didn't used to care, but after we got the Radian and it matched my car's interior so perfectly, not to mention the gawd-awful contrast of the TB in purple with fairies, which did NOT match ANYTHING... well, now I dream of looking in my rear-view and seeing black/silver carseat and boosters!

Momof4Girls

I like my seats to match my kids....but dh carries veto power, LOL. When we bought Regents, we bought Huntingtons (man, they really need to come out with better covers for that seat), b/c we didn't want the fabric of the onxy/sahara, and dh thought the madison was hideous...he vetoed that.

The Wizard we got when we didn't know you could get different colors...and now, I don't think I have ever seen a wizard in anything but denim? Our RA was bought for us, and so we didn't pick the cover...Our PW was just the cover that came on it. The Monarch we have we bought choosing the Red Racer (weren't going to buy the pink, dh didn't want to eventually have a boy in a girly seat), and we didn't like the other colors. We bought a Shannon BLVD b/c it's not a hideously girly seat, and it really fits my dd3.

We had MIL buy PWs to use in her car...MIL bought FL State covers for them (only way I could convince her to spend the money for Britax vs a $15 backless booster!). Everything with them is FSU, LOL.

Raechel

sunnymw

I like gender neutral. I like seats to almost-match, but not quite be exactly the same. I mean, I could see me getting another Britax seat in Onyx, as long as it wasn't another BLVD, because then DH might get confused and put the wrong kid in the wrong seat and I do NOT want to run that risk ;) (he works a lot, makes him pretty delusional sometimes).

I have BLVD in Onyx and about to have Radian in Manhattan :) both black/gray.

Mommy2Five

My OCD tells me everything must match LOL!
My fav. pic ever is the one of the SUV with the Nautiluses/SS1 that matched perfectly :).

emars002

Mine have always matched until today - the minivan they both have shannon BLVDs, the Car they had uptowns and the truck they had MA (differnet covers though) now with the true fit they don't match in the car. It really wasn't intentional - i just liked a certain seat at the time and they both fit so they each got one - but probably many people don't have 2 kids so far apart in age that could use the same seats - mine are the same weight but 4 years apart - my oldest is not that tall so she can use all the convertible seats FF that we have and my 18 mo old can use all the covertibles RF!

laurenrachey

There is someone here that has matching seats...seems like there were several different Onyx seats, and maybe she bought several GN's for backups or something? Or maybe those were two different people. It was 4-5+ seats though, and the pictures always looked so neat and orderly. I love the way it looks, but like someone above said, I have tons of random stuff, so mine probably wouldn't match. I would have good intentions though :D

melniemi

I love matching seats!! But boyish for the boys and girly for the girls:love:

If I could get cowmoo for the regents, I would have a cowmobile:thumbsup:

Mommy2Five

Just for the fond memories :).

04-16-20085.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC