New to Us car (and Frontier incompatibility)

sixmaybemore

We bought a new car yesterday - a 2004 Chevrolet Suburban. It was the only thing that would a) fit all of us and b) tow what we needed it to tow.

Regent wouldn't fit, too many other kids/car seats. I had ordered a Monterey and a Frontier, I was willing to use the Frontier in booster mode. I tried a SBP and LBP in outboard and middle seats. Nothing worked. Couldn't get less than an inch of movement no matter what I did. Using it in booster mode on outboard positions it hits the side. So the Frontier is out for us.

After removing the Frontier from the picture, I put the 4 yo in middle back row in a Safeguard (lap belt and tether). 15 yo and 12 yo on either side. 7 yo outboard driver side in Monterey. 2 yo Safeguard with LATCH in middle, and 10 yo in Olli Clek on outboard passenger side.

My one comment on the LATCH placement in the Suburban is really. How stupid. Who thought of putting LATCH on the one side that folds down for rear seat access? Putting the Olli Clek there means I have to pop it in and out when we stop, but I don't mind, and neither do the kids.

ADS

mish

Wow. I got tired just reading that post, lol. The latch thing is pretty stupid. It always amazes me how car manufacturers can't figure out how to make it easier to put car seats in cars.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC