Opinions on seat for 8mo?

momofmany

I need to retire my 6 yo Roundabout and would love opinions on convertible seats for a 21 lb 28in 8mo.

I just bought a frontier for my 3yo, after I had just bought him a MA (was going to give that to the baby, but might put him back in it RF after mulling things over and watching videos tonight). In either case, I wanted a second seat for the baby.

I'm looking for opinions on the different convertible seats, with 30-35+ lb RF. Can you tell me what you have/have had and what you liked and didn't like about it? I'll be using them in a 12 pass Ford E350 and a '97 Mazda MPV with captains chairs.

THANKS

ADS

featherhead

I have a Radian for my almost 1 year old. I love it, other than the fact that it can be difficult to tighten the harness. If you tighten before you buckle the child, it is easier. I would check out the True Fit too. It looks so comfy with the infant padding:)

firemomof3

I have 2 recaro signos and :love: them! I had the true fit and its a great seat but I didn't keep them because of the lack of head support when my kids would sleep & I hated the harness adjustor (but those are just 2 of my pet peaves) The marathon/boulevard are fantastic, EFTA is also great but it didn't work in my van because I have molded seats and the harness adjustor knob was burried not allowing me to turn it.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law

I love the EFTA. It is pretty inexpensive, all things considered (I think I paid about $130 for it). I love the sliding harness height adjuster. My 9 month old and my 3.5 year old both use it RF and all I have to do is pull the straps up or push them down. It's comfortable and easy to use. I prefer the adjusting knobs to the tug strap that most of the other seats come with. And the 35 pound RF limit is the highest you can currently get in the US. We own 6 seats and this one is my favorite for all-around use. Of course the others have their perks too. I love the narrow width and the RF tether of the Radian. I love the adjustable crotch strap and RF tether on my DC. The only thing my alpha omega is good for is the 35 pound RF limit, but we still use that seat in a pinch. I guess it depends on what situations you will be installing in as different seats fit different cars. But my recommendation is to try the EFTA.

Caseylaine

We have a Radian for our 2.5 year old, and he's had it since he was around 18 months or so.. maybe younger, and I really really like it a lot. We have gotten a great fit with it in our 2001 Nissan (thanks to some help from these helpful folks), and it had an especially great fit RF'ing.

I do have a AOE which is okay, its in our second car, still solid without the base. He's been in that one since he was around 6-7 months. Its fine, I think the thing is its just pricey for something that isn't all it claims to be. Nice to know now... ;) That just means I get to buy another seat in the future.. :D. My son likes the armrests on it. I wouldn't suggest it with all the other seats out there.

Maybe the TrueFit? That might be an option.

miraclebabies

I have 3 Marathons and would not go with any other carseat out there. I love how easy they are to use and the covers can be switched. I used them when my DD was little and she fit really well RF and still does at 17months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC