pediped CS :(

2wild

We got a pair of pedipeds about three months ago, one already has a hole...
So I sent a note to the company. They did respond very promptly, I'll give them that, but the best they could offer me was free shipping on my next order:thumbsdown:
Now why would I get their product again? :confused:
Anyway, thoought you all might like to know these shoes are not made to last.
My kid didn't even have time to outgrow them!

ADS

indigoblossom

yup. i ordered a new pair of their flex shoes and my son's worn them maybe half a dozen times. the toe guard stitching is loose, their logo has rubbed off and they just generally suck. they have those cool elastic fake laces but there's nothing holding the tongue of the shoe up so they slide down and bug my son terribly. i knew i wouldn't get anything if i contacted CS because i didn't buy them *from* the pediped website so i didn't even bother. but at least you got something...i contacted maclaren after our buggy bag ripped and came back from being gate checked with both wheel casings cracked. they said it had nothing to do with the fact that our maclaren stroller barely fit in their bag but that it was airline damage. they were hardly apologetic when it clearly is an issue with the quality of their product.

emandbri

That is horrible! Elizabeth has had serveral pairs and none wore out, they have been in such good shape I was able to sell them after she outgrew them no problem. It had to be a fluke or they have gone downhill in quality. They should stand behind their product.

If you are trying to figure out what to get instead I just ordered a pair of these and they are ADORABLE and $23 and free shipping!

http://www.myshoessqueak.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_4&products_id=16

solmama

Hmm...your kid wore shoes for 3 months and ran, walked, crawled in them? My dd had several pairs of Pedipeds with holes in the soles. But, those holes were hard-earned. She WORE them. I would not expect a company to refund a product my child clearly wore out.

CaseyRN

We LOVE our pedipeds. We've never had a problem with any kind of holes, etc. They are in great shape even once outgrown and she runs, crawls, climbs. I would guess with any soft soled shoe you have to kind of expect some damage over time. Atleast I would.

I have no experience with their CS b/c I have no reason to contact them.

2wild

Of course I expect shoes to wear with use, but I still feel like three months is a pretty poor life span. Just wanted to share my experience. Glad at least some of you have had better experience with their product.
Emandbri - thanks for the link. Super cute!

Mrs D

I just bought a pair of Umi pre-walker shoes for DD 12 mo. DS 3 yrs, has a very full foot and can only wear a few brands of shoes. I really like these by See Kai Run as well as Keen. I wear Keens too!

2wild

Thank you! I actually have some SeeKaiRuns from ODS, but they don't fit the little one yet. And their CS is GREAT!, btw. We also love the keens.

indigoblossom

I just bought a pair of Umi pre-walker shoes for DD 12 mo. DS 3 yrs, has a very full foot and can only wear a few brands of shoes. I really like these by See Kai Run as well as Keen. I wear Keens too!

i just bought my toddler two pairs of stride rite sneakers after looking at keens (i love them, too) and realizing the sole was pretty heavy for little ones. do you find that yoru child can walk/run in them as easily as other shoes? they just seemed like they'd put too much strain on little ankles (reminded me of my doc marten sandals back in the day, that were actually hard to walk in if i was a bit hungover. lol!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC