I got my Uptown!!!!

Mommy2Marcus

I so :love: this seat now! He has SO much room left in it to! Not to mention he is only on the 2nd slots whereas with the Scenera he was on the 3rd. I have not yet installed it, but will tomorrow most likely while he naps! There is only 1 thing I am a little worried about. It specifically states in the manual that the crotch strap MUST be either on the 1st or 2nd setting for RF & the 3rd is for FF ONLY! Well the crotch strap is well under him in the 2nd, so he could benefit from the 3rd. So is this okay...I have pictures!

006-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

ADS

emars002

Mine is also under DD2 and she is only 18 months - the 3rd would definately not be under her like the 2nd slot is but what the manual says is how it goes!

MomofOlivia407

That's SO exciting! I really wanted to get one during the Big Lots sale, but had great willpower & didn't. I wanted it for Gma's car...but since DD still fits in her SR, I really don't have an excuse...so I'll wait. ANYWAY, are you installing it in a different car than the EFTA or are you switching it out? Cause I have read soooo many posts where you love your EFTA! And he is so cute, and he looks so comfy...I still want one...

Mommy2Marcus

That's SO exciting! I really wanted to get one during the Big Lots sale, but had great willpower & didn't. I wanted it for Gma's car...but since DD still fits in her SR, I really don't have an excuse...so I'll wait. ANYWAY, are you installing it in a different car than the EFTA or are you switching it out? Cause I have read soooo many posts where you love your EFTA! And he is so cute, and he looks so comfy...I still want one...

I will be using it in a different car. I have 3 seats & now LOVE them all! I do just LOVE my EFTA, but I really need 3 seats! If you look at my sig you will see I have 3 seats! 1 for my car, 1 for DH's car & one for Gma's car! I used to swap seats, but found that to be a PITB, so I have a seat for all cars he rides in now. The 3 seats is even more important now since I am moving & we will all need seats at all times as I am going back to work & we will have to have a seat in all cars for the fact that DH & I will both be getting him to & from Grandmas depending on who is off work!

As for getting one, I would still suggest it as you will eventually need one. Getting one right now while they are on a good sale & using it now would make more since to me! Big Lots might still have some! But if you're not going to use it now, then I would just wait!

Thanks for the compliment! I think he is to cute as well, but I am a little biased! He does look all comfy in it to! I installed it tonight to use for a few days in place of the Marathon to see how I like it! I think I will LOVE it to!

jka1217

Looks like he really likes it! I do like the Uptown way more than my Scenera.

As for the crotch strap, once you have it installed RF, maybe it won't be so far under him. Also, make sure the crotch strap isn't caught up on the LATCH belt or the strap connecting it to the seat if you've moved it to the RF belt path at all. I had that happen to me once. :eek:

Mama!

I love my uptown so much. :eek:

My ds was out of the Scenera both RF and FF and I returned it for an Uptown. He has tons of shell above his head.

MomofOlivia407

"I will be using it in a different car. I have 3 seats & now LOVE them all! I do just LOVE my EFTA, but I really need 3 seats! If you look at my sig you will see I have 3 seats! "

Some of you guys on here don't NEED the 3 seats-you just COLLECT them! That's why I was curious :) And jealous...

If it was a few years ago, I would have money to collect car seats even with little or no need...but alas, real estate is so bad right now that it just isn't like that anymore...soooooo, I need to wait. But I DO want one so bad. I even emailed my mom to tell her about it-to tell her WHY it would be great for her car (no base so easier to lift DD in & out, and smaller front to back for more seat room in front while RF). I need to get over it already! :)

The shoulder area DOES look pretty narrow, though-do you think he will be uncomfortable when his shoulders grow wider? And is it easy to adjust RF with that harness strap on the front-does it go into the seat too much?

Last edited:

TerisBoys

The shoulder area DOES look pretty narrow, though-do you think he will be uncomfortable when his shoulders grow wider? And is it easy to adjust RF with that harness strap on the front-does it go into the seat too much?

The shoulder area really does look tight, but a lot of that is 'fluff' that will compress.

I almost sat Ryan in one for giggles, but he wasn't in the mood to play carseats last Friday.

jka1217

If you look at the pictures with the cover on and off in my Uptown review, you can see that a lot in the shoulder area is just padding in the cover. If you scroll down to the last post in the review, I have some pictures of the harness adjuster when installed RF. It can get a little buried, but it is still accessible in most cases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC