Straps on Frontier

tl01

I've read that the straps on the Frontier are not as lovely as the straps on the rest of the Britax seats. Can someone who has a Frontier or someone who has seen and felt the straps please compare them to the straps on another seat? I'm considering this seat and want to make sure the straps won't drive me crazy:)

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I would say the Frontier's straps are on a par with your Como's straps and the Regent, silky and slippery.

tl01

Thanks... do the HUGS help keep them from getting twisted? I didn't know the Regent has the twistier straps. Hmm.. interesting. I wonder why they use different straps on different seat.

mom23boys

Thanks... do the HUGS help keep them from getting twisted? I didn't know the Regent has the twistier straps. Hmm.. interesting. I wonder why they use different straps on different seat.

I personally don't think that the regents are as twisty as the Frontiers. They are certainly not the same as the BLVD but the frontires get twisted in the buckles.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I don't think the HUGS make a difference as far as twisted strap prevention goes, not at least in my experience. :twocents: When our Regent straps twist, it's usually the lower portion of the harness that gets folded over at the buckle tongues, and the same for the Como which doesn't have HUGS (just longer harness strap covers compared to the Regent). Our Signo doesn't seem as twist prone, but it may be due to having a different buckle than the Como. The Signo has a Dorel-like buckle. I don't think we ever had a twist in our Marathon or Blvd's harnesses. :love: The Frontier does seem twistier than all of the above, unfortunately. It would probably help if the Frontier had velcro like the MA/Blvd. or elastic strips like the Regent has on the cover to tuck the harness to the sides when the kiddo isn't buckled up in the seat to help prevent twisting.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC