Bittersweet

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Or something like that....

I'm feeling better about not making the trip to Denmark & getting the Two Way or Secura -- Leila did have her growth spurt recently, the one I had been hoping would wait until our trip so she would stay RF, but she's FF now anyway & I'm hoping to sell the Wizard & Husky for a new SafeGuard (I'm pathetic, I want the red/black one because the SafeSeat is red/black -- we're not even TTC yet, LOL) @@

Anyway, my SD's mom stopped using the Turbo when SD turned 9 -- I guess I should be happy she used it past the minimum 7 years old, but she doens't pass the 5 Step Test yet, still fits the Husky even :eek: :( :mad: However, now this means DD now has a booster for each of my parents' vehicles (since they refuse to change seats from vehicle to vehicle even though they're BOOSTERS for crying out loud & I never know which vehicle they'll use the day they babysit for my classes): Parkway in Prius, Turbo in Highlander & KidY/RideRyte in F250 -- plus the backless SRC as an emergency spare in my trunk.... I was lucky to get SD back into a booster at 6 after she was out of a seat since her 3rd birthday *SIGH*

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I keep trying to tell myself that she's been FF before & at least I kept her RF until 4 years old! :rolleyes: :eek: :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Oh! I forgot, Rebekah, I thought of you last Friday -- during Leila's ice skating class.... She's only gone 4 times & already she's balancing on 1 foot, touching her toes, & SPINNING! :eek: :D I just noticed your avatar again & thought I'd share my recent proud mama moment *GUSH*
2006winter-IceSkates.jpg

Last edited:

skaterbabs

too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she looks like she's having a ball! And to be doing all that already is great. :)

Here are the pics from Joyjoy's first time out:
http://people.delphiforums.com/SKATERBABS/joyjoy.html
She can't start lessons until she's three though. :p LOL Rink rules. But we may be getting her a pair of skates in the next few months so she can practice walking in them at home.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Ooooooooooooooh -- that was SUPERDIDOOPER CAUUUTE :D :D :D

Someone asked us about the helmet -- it's required for the classes & I saw a sign at another rink saying that all kids under a certain age have to wear helemets on the ice here now (just went into effect this year, I think?) -- don't remember what age .... Leila was all for it; she points out & shouts at bikers without helmets, LOL!

skaterbabs

Yes, kids under 6 are required to wear a helmet during lessons at our rink too, but it's not required for a public session. And we have a weekday session (noon to 2 pm) that's basically used by homeschoolers and SAHMs having lessons of their own so it's pretty empty most of the time. lol

The boys know they're supposed to be wearing helmets too, but will get out of it every chance they get, which is why they aren't allowed to use their brand new bikes that they got for Christmas 2+ years ago.

skaterbabs

exactly. Of course, since they need new helmets anyway, dh hasn'tassembled the bikes either. But our yard is not a good one for biking, so they'd have to ride on the road, so until we can trust them a little more.....

skipspin

papooses, I have been passively watching for another WZ- so let me know when you are selling it if you don't mind. My DD is close to going FF at 2.5, so I feel your pain! I just try to think about the possibily of getting a Recaro Young Sport and it makes me feel better :-D
Joy

LuvBug

Yeah I only wish I could have gotten a higher weight seat for DS. He was exactly 29m when he hit 33lbs unclothed(I didn't know I was to weigh him clothed or he probably would have been FF sooner, closer to 24m). He then went back down to 31.5lbs but fully clothed he was *just* 33lbs so I didnt turn him RF since I had been told to include clothing weight. If we didnt have to include clothing he would have still been RF to 31m. I tried him in a scenera as soon as he hit the limit on the MA hoping he could get some use from it, but he was already 1cm over the top of the shell. To RF him another 2lbs I wouldnt have minded paying 40-50$ since he wont be 35lbs clothed still for a few months, so I think it would have bought us another 6m total had he not been too tall :(

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Joy, someone has contacted me about it already, but I'm awaiting the final word, so I'll keep you in mind if need be :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC