She doesnt want to dent the seat!!

hunypooh77

My friend (and neighbor) wanted to take my son, who is just about 5 months older than hers, to go to play slot cars together yesterday. So I made my hubby go and get one of my sons turbo boosters out of one of our vehicles (he will be 7 next week)..she looked at the bottom of our seat and said "oh I guess its ok it has a smooth bottom" and then I guess she felt funny and went to the trunk and got out a backless booster (very old one) for her son. He asked why he had to use it!
She doesnt have him sit in anything because she doesnt want to "dent" the seat in her brand new Ford Edge Limited! I said why dont you get him a turbo booster its only about $40 and we have had no problems with it messing up the seats...well, she scrunched her nose at the suggestion! We live in NJ and there are booster seat laws here, guess they dont apply to her.
Her leather seats must be more valuble than her sons life....

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
What does she think that his bottom is going to do to the seat? If he sits in the same spot all the time, eventually her seat will have a "dent" from his rear end anyway ... might as well keep him safe in a booster if she's going to have a dent in her seat either way. :rolleyes:

lorinick

How foolish! No one I know in my son's school his age use booster seats. His eight now. But even in K they were not using them. And we have a law 8 and 80. I've never heard them talk about there seats. Just oh they big enough. They won't seat in it. Were alive we didn't use a booster seats. What a bunch of BS.

my2kidsSafe

his body flying around the car in an accident from not being properly harnessed is going to alot more damage to her car than a booster seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC