best option for a 5 yr old

emars002

I just bought a TF for DD2 from Arly! Yeah so excited - now i need to come up with something for DD1 for my car - they are both in uptowns - I think from research it would be best to go with a nautilus, regent or frontier - are these the only HWH seats? do any or all of these install well in a 2005 chevy mailbu?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
HWH seats (not convertible):

~ Cosco/Safety 1st Apex/Alpha Elite
~ Britax Regent
~ Britax Frontier
~ Graco Nautilus

Of course there are also a bunch of HWH convertibles.

I am not familiar with installation of any of these seats in a Malibu, but I am pretty sure the Regent has been installed in a Malibu by one of our members (I don't know the model year, though). The Nautilus is easy to install (in my experience), so that shouldn't be a problem.

None of the above seats are on carseatdata.org for your car.

emars002

HWH seats (not convertible):

~ Cosco/Safety 1st Apex/Alpha Elite
~ Britax Regent
~ Britax Frontier
~ Graco Nautilus

Of course there are also a bunch of HWH convertibles.

I am not familiar with installation of any of these seats in a Malibu, but I am pretty sure the Regent has been installed in a Malibu by one of our members (I don't know the model year, though). The Nautilus is easy to install (in my experience), so that shouldn't be a problem.

None of the above seats are on carseatdata for your car.

Thanks - i did not have the first one on the list - i will have to research that one - I have 7 convertibles now (oops! :) ) now i think mybe a HWH to booster is my best option.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Don't forget the Safeguard Child Seat.

Don't let the price tag pop your eyes out of your head. hehe

Wendy

emars002

Don't forget the Safeguard Child Seat.

Don't let the price tag pop your eyes out of your head. hehe

Wendy

WHOA! sticking my eyes back in! DH says he will go to work and never come back! their seat looks incredible but holy cow! i could get 2 regents for that price!

TerisBoys

I would definately try the Apex/Alpha Elite in the car before you buy it.

It requires support behind the seatback - like a high seatback or headrest. While it might be ok now (she's still smallish) once it gets to booster mode you may not have enough support.

Why not just stick with the Uptowns and re-evaluate once they're outgrown?

emars002

I think thats the best bet...Hopefully they will fix the frontier problems by then b/c the 9 yr expiration will get me through both girls.

Misty-Bug

the Apex is cosco? So would anyone not recommend it? I personally didn't like my AOE but is the Apex better quality?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
the Apex is cosco? So would anyone not recommend it? I personally didn't like my AOE but is the Apex better quality?

It's a typical Cosco. It's one of the few combination seats, though, that are actually decent with a harness and as a booster. Before the Nautilus and Frontier it was recommended nearly daily.

The Scenera and Uptown are also Cosco. Well, the Uptown is Safety 1st. Both are Dorel brands. And they're recommended a lot too.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC