I saw TWO Britax seats today!! In actual cars!!

Mama!

In actual use!!! :thumbsup:

(Such an improvement over the usual expired OHS boosters and such.:rolleyes:)

One was a beautiful newer MA with butterflies all over it. and the other looked like an older Wizard with a denim cover.

ADS

melniemi

I hear your excitement. I saw a recaro convertible in a car today - in my tiny lil town - at the grocery store. I wanted to ask the lady if I could look at it, but I figured she'd think I was really strange:whistle: It was a pink one, too, very cute:love:

BeckC

I saw one in the airport last week! It was a yellow MA with pink flowers or butterflies (sorry, don't know the names yet lol). She also had a SafeSeat for the babe. Everything was strapped to a luggage cart, the kiddo was in a stroller and the babe was in a sling. I wanted to give her a thumbs up but she looked occupied. :D

They were the only kids I saw travelling with carseats the whole trip, including the combined dozen kids on the flights I was on. :(

all together ooky

I see them all the time here (I think it's because we have so many Targets), but I still get excited when I see them. Especially if they're RF.

Nisha

That's so funny!

At a car seat check event last weekend, this 4d F-150 pulls up, with plates from a VERY small town (100 or less population) - ranching country, and this guy had 3 britax in the back seat!!! We were quite impressed that he even had car seats let alone something you can't buy at walmart!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
In my area, it seems like everyone either has a Marathon or a Alpha Omega. I rarely see other seats in use.

Heather98012

Living in the 'burbs of Seattle (can we say Microsoft, Starbucks, & Amazon?!), we see tons of them. In fact, it's a status thing, which is so silly to me.

When I went & had my Frontier inspected (which we had done totally correct...yeah!), the tech was at a hospital about 25 miles north of Seattle & about 11 miles north of where we live, in a more blue collar area. She was so excited to see a Frontier IRL because as she stated "I didn't think I'd ever see one of these here, since they are so expensive." LOL....

Isn't it nice to see them?
I see tons in my town, but honestly I have not seen one used right(except my cousin-her lil' boy i watch)-has one(and she didn't use it right until I showed her how to use it).

moobiegirl

I saw a Frontier today as we were leaving Sesame Place. They were parked next to us and we were leaving at the same time. :)

seamonkeys

Living in the 'burbs of Seattle (can we say Microsoft, Starbucks, & Amazon?!), we see tons of them. In fact, it's a status thing, which is so silly to me.

Yeah, I think that's how it is here! The kids at DS1's preschool ride mainly in either Britax, Safeguard, or Recaro! I've maybe seen only 1 or 2 other brands! Everywhere I go I see Britax! And I have seen 2 Regents in one vehicle on more than one occasion!

natysr

I see tons of Britax seats. I rarely see any of them RF though. One thing I find odd though, is that on almost all of the FF Britax seats that I see, the top of the cover is not looped over the top of the seat shell. I don't get it. I've even seen a completely naked britax seat installed. (It didn't have a kid in it). But still...I don't get it.

christineka

I've only seen one and it is for a special needs child. Most seats I see around here are ancient cheapie cosco or century seats and sceneras. Kids aren't harnessed past age 3 around here. They go to a belt at age 4. The old law was age 5 and the new one is 8. So far, no change.

Heather98012

Isn't it odd how geography plays such a huge factor in determining what seat people use?! I'm not sure if it's due to availability at local stores, socio economic influences, or what. I just find it kinda interesting....

mish

I saw a Britax installed in car the other day. I was so excited. It is really rare around here to have one. I was less excited when I found out if was my best friends brothers baby. I already knew they had a Britax. I thought it would bring the total that I had seen up to like 4!

Kat_Momof3

It can't even match my thrill when I saw that the 50lb almost-3yr old (he's not fat... he's chunky, but he's also RUTHIE'S height) in Ruthie's playgroup rides (CORRECTLY) in a Britax Regent.

I just about cried and had to bite my tongue not to just overwhelm the woman about the safety and what all she was doing right for her son.

I didn't want her to think I was nuts.

But I did tell her that I used to have two for the boys and loved them.... because Damian felt the need to go up, touch the seat in a loving fond-memory way and say... I used to have a comfy seat just like that... I miss it.

oxeye

Ooh very exciting!! I see a few Britax around here but only once did I see one that looked like it was installed properly.

I will be so excitded the day I see a Radian or Recaro in a car around here (since you can't buy them in any local stores, I have yet to see one).

canadianmom2three

Have yet to see a local Britax, but I am VERY excited to see someone who plays soccer in my DD's league has a princess radian! That is the nicest seat I have seen around here, and definately not available locally. Our CT sold the regular Radians, but I haven't seen any besides my own in use...Our TRU did just get the Marathon on the shelves, but it was a boring cover, I think if it was one of the cuter ones it would sell way better (sad that people care more about fashion than safety, but unfortunately true).

sunnymw

But I did tell her that I used to have two for the boys and loved them.... because Damian felt the need to go up, touch the seat in a loving fond-memory way and say... I used to have a comfy seat just like that... I miss it.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww :love::love::love:

Our local baby boutique sells Britax, as does Target, but I've only ever seen 1 installed in a vehicle--and it was the cow print (not sold at our TGT or, I believe, the other store). It was in the back center of an old beat up extended cab pickup truck (well, it was kinda junky to be honest!). And there was a BIG KID riding FF in it!! :D :thumbsup: Much better than the whole Lexus/OHS thing we usually have going on around here, lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC