News Get to put the Husky back to use

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
OK, so it's personal news :whistle:

My parents decided to get a Toyota Yaris to leave here -- they spend their summers here, but have retired elsewhere the rest of the year -- so their employees can do the local errands & also for when I need to drive a long distance (like for SafeKids events!) although my mother prefers to drive it now rather than the Pacifica.

Our beloved Husky has come out of storage for use in the Crystler Pacifica & the Monterey is in the Yaris while my mother is still here. Eventually, my parents will take the Monterey back with them in the Pacifica for our future holiday visit. Then I'll put the Husky in the Yaris ;)

The Parkway now sits in my coat closset & the Ride Safer Travel Vest is hanging up in my den for carsharing, the Laptop has been gifted to her preschool friend. Kiddo will have to use the Parkway in a neighbor's vehicle twice a week next school year, but I'd rather walk it down the block each time so it's always in my own possession. Not everyone is savvy to avoiding manhandling of the headrest (yikes)

So, anyway, I'm just happy that after 6 months my kiddo will finally have the sprawl out comfort of her Husky back :D It is easier for her to buckle than the Monterey -- which is the easiest booster for her to buckle up -- although I still have to yank the harness strap tight....

Of course, the vast majority of the time we'll still be walking to bus stops :p

P.S. anyone paying close enough attention to figure out how many safety seats this nondriving parent of 1 child owns? LOL

ADS

scatterbunny

Yay! Glad L gets her beloved Husky back. :p As much as H protested at going back into a harness, ultimately she's happy as a clam to climb into it and buckle up, proclaiming how comfy it is. :rolleyes:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
ultimately she's happy as a clam to climb into it and buckle up, proclaiming how comfy it is
That's exactly what we're experiencing :p

Isn't the Laptop about to expire?
It does reach Britax's expiration either this month or next, but our preschool friend's mama refuses any extended harnessing options & her cousin's car (which they prefer to ride in) has lap-only Emergency Locking Retractor seatbelts in the rear: kiddo's options are misuse of a highback booster or use the Laptop until NHTSA's 10 year allowable limit :eek: The reason I'm alright with this solution is that the design structure is completely different from a more typical seat with a harness & yet it's not inherently dangerous like an old school shield booster. More to the point, neither mom nor cousin will get a top tether anchor for the Ride Safer Travel Vest, so it really comes down to choosing the lesser evil. :shrug-shoulders: I've come to learn that we cannot always achieve optimal safety. The parents have to make the decisions. I educate families, but life runs its own course. (It is admitedly a hard pill to swallow knowing that innocent lives are at risk :()

4 you gave the laptop away.
You get the prize! Uhm ... here's a gold coin :twocents::whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC