Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

Britax SALE - $217.99 Frontiers and Regents

I like dealing with BabyUniverse.com -- their prices are awesome, and they allow the use of a coupon code on Britax products.

The Frontier is $237.99
    The Monarch is $127.49
    The Regent is $237.99
    etc etc...

Use coupon code: VISASAVES for an additional $20 off.

I believe there's a $150 minimum for the coupon now instead of $100--just a warning if you're getting a Monarch and wondering why it doesn't work. You don't *have* to have Visa.

Sniff, sniff--I just spent $315 on a Canadian Frontier, and you guys get it for $100 less! Enjoy!

Has anyone else spotted some good deals during the current batch of sales?

-Nicole.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.
    It's like free money...Couponsurfers.com

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Britax SALE - $217.99 Frontiers and Regents

That is a great deal! I am considering purchasing the Frontier but the twisty strap issue concerns me a little. I HATE fighting those types of issues since ds can buckle his own regent. Of course I check it but I would hate to always be untwisting straps or buckles. The thing with the Frontier is he can use it as a Booster later and right now it's the tallest one available. This would go in DH's jeep and he wouldn't check for the twisty staraps or be careful.

Whoah, thats a great bargain on the Frontier. Wish it didn't have so many issues. I know I couldn't deal with twisty straps or possible head slumpage. Too bad because that is a great price for the last seat I'd have to buy.

Kimberly

Senior Community Member seamonkeys's Avatar

Wow, that's even lower than I paid! I paid $223.99 for a Frontier.'

The Canadian's get screwed on prices! What's up with that? Glad I don't live there!

Thank you! This was just the push I needed to make up my mind and order! Plus, if you go through ebates you can get 5% back (which ended up covering the sales tax for me as I'm in one of the 3 states BU charges sales tax for).

If you don't know about ebates, I'll be happy to refer you!

I guess they caught on, the Frontier and Regent are now $249.99 (-$20 = $229.99)...

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.

Carseat Crazy

Any idea what the DOM is on the Regents at Baby Universe. Baby Age also has them on sale (249.00) but won't tell me a DOM.

So glad I ordered my Regent on Sunday! I was happy to get it for $217.99!!! Made me feel no so bad for not getting it for $199 a few weeks ago when I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT and not a Marathon! Hopefully it will be here today! Dreading installation!

got my Madison today - DOM - October 2007 - is this good or not?

It's only 8m old, right? I'd be good with that for an on-sale seat, unless I needed it for the full 6 years.. but if that were the case, I'd probably go DOM hunting at a store.

-Nicole.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
    got my Madison today - DOM - October 2007 - is this good or not?

Did you order on Sunday and get in just a few days?!?

Thanks to all for the tip on the sale and Visasaves discount. I just ordered the Madison Regent for DD.

I wait and wait researching seats and sales and then when I finally order one, I want it NOW!
    If it really ships this fast, I'll be so excited!

I did order it on Sunday - that was really fast shipping - it shipped from Virginia and I live in North Carolina - it shipped DHL but the Post Office is who brought it to my house..Decided to keep the Oct. 07 one - not like I will use it for the life of the seat - I change my mind all the time...What a beast it was to install though!!!!!! But little bit is happy with it so I am happy!

Lightning fast shipping for me, ordered it Monday, got the ship notice Tuesday and the Frontier arrived today! WTG BU! ETA I just checked the DOM - 6/9/08!!! The thing was only manufactured 14 days ago! Woohoo!

Now, to convince 6yo dd that SHE really wants this seat, and wants to get back into a harness, as I just decided to turn 3yo ds RF again and won't need the frontier for him right away afterall.
    Last edited by momofmany; 06-26-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Anyone buy two seats, but make separate transactions, and try using the visasaves coupon on both?

Hmmmmm I wonder if I could order one using my name and card and then create a new account with DH's name and card....Or maybe they'll just let me make two separate transactions.....
    DD 04-05 66 lbs/4' 6"
    DS1 03-07 66 lbs/4' 3"
    DS2 04-09 49 lbs/3' 9"

The coupon is per transaction, not per person--so you can reuse it.

Thanks, Nicole. I ended up getting a pink one.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo