Thank you!

jfs

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's help a couple of months ago (April) when I was trying to decide on car seats to replace 2 seats after my husband's accident. His car had been totalled. I finally decided on the Frontier and the Radian 80 for my 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old sons that are on the larger size. I tried the GN like several of you suggested but my son was too broad. I already had a Regent and a MA for them in my car but I decided to put the Frontier in my car for my 4 yr DS and put the Regent in my mom's car. They are with her quite often.

I have to have 8 seats at any one time since my parents frequently pick my sons up since I work so much. At the same time I was getting ready to buy the replacement seats I noticed that one older seat that someone had given me ironically was expiring that week. I also noticed that the seats that my younger DS was using, one in each of my parent's cars he had actually outgrown. So I had to buy 2 seats in addition to the ones I mentioned above. I only had to buy 2 since I used one that still had not expired that my mother-in-law bought to use for my older son when she comes down. I ended up with 2 Safety First Apexs that I bought at a discount from the U of FL extension office. Needless to say it was an expensive month. I had help from an installer from U of FL to install all 8 since I had to move all of them around including the MA which had to change sides in my Quest to keep peace The installer kept on telling me that I did not need to replace the two that were in the accident since the boys were not in them when the accident happened but I told her what I had read here on on NHSTA.

Once again thank you, I have learned so much from this forum!

Janet :)

ADS

BW1426

Glad everything worked out.

Scary that the tech didn't know you had to replece the seats even if the kid isn't in the crash :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC