Graco Safeseat: What strollers does it fit?

D

Doodlebug

Hey there! We've been using a handed-down evenflo car seat, but DD (at two months!) is already an inch from being too tall for it. So, we've bought a Graco Safeseat and hope it'll last her a good while. :)

We'd like to get a stroller that'll match it, but all the Graco travelsystem strollers seem monstrous and clunky. There's the snugrider which is just a frame, and that looks like it's fairly light and compact, but it's useless later and its wheels are really small. I'm sort of looking for either something like the Quinny zapp that's compact and doubles as a stroller for later, or a jogger that folds down and also can use on rough surfaces. We're in Canada so handling snow is a plus.

So, the question: Does the safeseat fit in anything other than Graco systems? Does anyone know if it'd fit the Quinny strollers, or know of other strollers that might suit?

Thanks for your help!

Heather

ADS

LuvBug

Ive found just about any infant seat can fit in just about any stroller, they just fit different. Instead of them clipping on or sitting on notches they can sit down in the seat(recline the stroller seat all the way and sit them in there). Ive done this with a few different brand strollers, with a few different brand infant seats. Also you can go to babiesRus and take the floor models over to the strollers and try them out.
We have a graco stroller that I can not remember the name of but it is lightweight but fits a long time(I dont think it is made anymore though, this was in '03 and I havent seen any since).

my3girls

In 2002 when my dd was born, she was in a Graco carrier seat. Someone gave us a Graco LiteRider stroller and I was surprised to find out when I read the instructions that it could hold the carrier, I only had to order from Graco a free clip to hold it on (tiny little thing about 2.5 inches long) It could have been used w/o this clip since it snapped on the child's snack tray just like it does into the base, but I had them send me it just to make sure it was stable. At the time, this was the smallest little stroller Graco made (not an umbrella stroller) SO I guess if you called them or sent them an email www.gracobaby.com they would probably be able to advise you what strollers they offer that are compatible. BUT since you mention a jogging stroller, I wanted to add that I also got a jogging stroller (not for real athletes exactly, just easy to maneuver with bigger than normal stroller tires, filled with air, and a front tire that swivels) When we tried joggers out I was surprised how hard they are to turn w/o a front swivelling wheel. ANYWAY, it's made by InStep and it has a metal bar that could be added onto it to attach the carrier. Not sure if any of this info will help you, since I am talking about 3 years ago, but surely some companies are making a jogging stroller that will hold a carrier!

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
The Mosaic by graco isnt all that bulky. It weighs 20 pounds and is rather compact when folded. It was made to compete with the up end strollers. i like it alot.

The metrolite is another graco option, its only 19 pounds but alot bulkier than the mosaic. My SIL has one that came with her seat and she used in once in 11 months and claims to have hated it.

Do you plan on using a stroller often, esp. with your infant seat? Alot of the things you think it would be good to have a stroller for its really more of a hassle. Like shopping, you cant push the baby and the cart and alot of the time you end up pushing an empty stroller and carrying the baby. I'm not planning on buying a stroller until after my twins are born b/c i dont know how much i'll really need it. i have a twin and single model picked out all i'd need to do is stop by the store and buy them if i decide i need one but until then i'm waiting.

Dillipop

The safeseat should fit in any stroller that is compatible with the snugride. Most stroller brands will accommodate most car seats, now. We are getting the safeseat and have tried it in many of the car seat compatible strollers and it seems to fit well in most. There is usually a strap or some sort of restraint? to hold a different car seat into most strollers. It looks like the Quinny is only compatible with the maxi cosi infant seat. Anyway, I would think the safeseat would be compatible with most car seat compatible strollers.

LuvBug

Yeah we bought a stroller with DS thinking we would use it a lot. I ended up slinging him the majority of the time or putting him and his infant seat in the buggy when we shopped. I questioned why we got it at all until recently, since he turned about 2 we go out a lot and if he isnt in a shopping cart then he is in his stroller. I do not allow him to be free roaming like most parents in our town let their 1+ yos do(yeah 1yos running around free is just scary). I do let him have special run around time, we use his monk-monk which is a harness we got at walmart(before then we used a regular harness). He loves it, lets him run around free while I keep him at arms reach and not have to worry about him getting snatched or lost.

Anyway about the strollers. I wouldnt buy one just because the infant seat fit in it. Id buy one I really liked and knew Id get good use out of(high weight limit with lots of room) and is quality and more than likely the seat will fit on it somehow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC