Got My EFTA Today!

Mylilboyblue

I am so excited! My mother and I went to BRU today with DS (Sienna stayed with DH :love:) to buy a splat mat for under his highchair and we tried him in the Frontier and the EFTA for fun. I really LOVE the Sandbox version and told my mom that once he outgrows the RA in her car we will get this seat. So she says lets get it now! YAY! We used a 20% coupon and got the DLX versioin for $130 something.

Let me tell you, this seat is HUGE! Big and wide and reminds me of a lounger. It is very round. The best part is that I was able to install it in my 2007 Saturn ION with just a seatbelt and it is ROCK SOLID (I don't need a locking clip THANK GOD). Once installed DS has a ton of room both above his head and width wise he has alot of room too. Dang this seat is wide! With this seat and a SS1 in the back of my car there is now room for anything else.

I have to say that I have NEVER been a fan on any Evenflo seat (other than the really really old school over head shield seat that was black with neon colored Dinosaours all over it. Circa 1989 or so) and that was before I knew anything about car seats and I was a kid and just liked the print! Whew sorry for the run on sentence.

I LIKE THIS SEAT. Will post pictures tomorrow.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

I :love: my EFTA as well! I can not wait to see pictures!

I can also get a rock solid install with it using only the seat belt...not sure about LATCH...never used it!

MomofOlivia407

I finally got mine on Wednesday, and love it, too! It just looks like a big comfy chair-I wish I could fit! :) The red tabs ARE rubbing her neck a bit, so I need to watch that, but other than that, I love it!

We attached it with LATCH (the seatbelts in my car are a PITA) & it is very solid. It wasn't easy, but I am happy with the install.

I love just going out & looking at it every once in awhile :whistle:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I finally got mine on Wednesday, and love it, too! It just looks like a big comfy chair-I wish I could fit! :) The red tabs ARE rubbing her neck a bit, so I need to watch that, but other than that, I love it!

We attached it with LATCH (the seatbelts in my car are a PITA) & it is very solid. It wasn't easy, but I am happy with the install.

I love just going out & looking at it every once in awhile :whistle:

I noticed the red tabs were kind of pressing into my ds's neck the other day and I realized I had overtightened the harness and that the tabs were a smidge below his shoulders. So for those having problems with the red tabs, check that you're not overtightening the harness. It's easier to do in the EFTA because it's so easy to tighten. This was the first time in almost 6mos of use that I've noticed them rubbing and I knew I'd accidentally overtightened it that time. :eek:

And yes, I found seatbelt install to be very easy. LATCH install is pretty easy though too. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear how it fits in the ION. That was our prior vehicle and while I love our Outlook, I do miss the gas mileage our ION got.

MomofOlivia407

I got the Hansen-the tan and black one that is at BRU. It's the one I wanted, but I almost got the gray because of the price. Glad I found a good deal on it; it was worth it! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC