Would you be comfortable....?

christineka

We're driving out to a park that is an hour from our house- mostly on the highway, some big city streets. My parents are here, so we have to take two vehicles. I want to take my car instead of the van for gas mileage. I went out to the parents' vehicle (Hondai sonata) to install seats. I can only fit two. The whole bench is bigger than our ford tempo, but due to the humps around the seat area it has less seating space. I put the radian in with latch. (That was soooooo easy!) Grandma took 8 year old to the library yesterday, so her booster is already in there. The rfing scenera didn't fit. It doesn't fit in the tempo either. On Monday I decided to get all the seats out of my house. I fit a booster, rfing evenflo tribute, and the graco cargo into the tempo. I figured dd was fine ffing around town. (I usually only take her and little bro to the grocery store at the corner or the library.)

Dd is 3.5 years old, weighing 27 pounds, and has a 12ish inch torso. She's teeny. She forward faced from 2-3 years, but for some reason I now feel that she is not safe forward facing.

Would you let her forward face for our park journey?

Christine

ADS

Tara

at that age and weight..I wouldn't 'fret' over rear facing
but me, personally, if I could get her rf I would
but if that's just not going to work..ff would be ok
go with whatever install works best

fyrfightermomma

Personally...at that age and weight I would be fine.

If you can't get the Scenera in RFing then theres not a whole lot of other options.

If you can RF her great....if not, don't worry about it. She is 2.5 years older than most forward facers ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC