I just thought of another question...

menfusse

about a toyota tacoma pick-up. My dad has one it is a 96. Yet again, he cannot find the manual, although he bought his new. I am not sure it would address my question anyway, given that it is 10 years old. Anyway, it is an extended cab. I know that most small pickups have the jumper seats folding down out of the sides with lap belts. However, the tacoma's seats fold down out of the back, making it a regular bench seat, although a narrow. It also has lap/shoulder belts. My dd is rarely in her papaw's car and the last time she rode, she was still under 40 lbs, so we buckled her convertible carseat in the front because there are no airbags, and it wouldn't fit in back. Also I wasn't so sure that it was safe for back. She is now 43 lbs, and is currently in a radian in my car, but for grandparents we are using booster's because she is not in their vehicles much. My question is since the seats in back of tacoma are like bench seats and have lap/ shoulder belts, could we use her booster back there? The booster fits on the seat, but we haven't used it yet until we find out if it is considered safe. Our state has very lenient child seat laws, which is pathetic. The kid only has to be 40 inches tall, to ride in seat belt. So my dad asked about just letting her ride in seatbelt back there. I am not totally with that idea, unless it is safer than using a booster back there for some reason and we have to ride with him. We only have one car, so on occasion we do have to rid with him, or one of the other grandparents. I would be riding up front so, that is not an option for her. I need to know if this isn't okay, so that we can make other arrangements. Thanks.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Call Toyota for a difinitive answer, but my DD rides with my co-worker sometimes & he has a '99 Tacoma with the flip down seats & the manual says it's OK....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC