Someone, please, talk me down

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Someone, please, talk me down UPDATED QUESTION IN REPLY

Radian80. $165. Supercool OR PRINCESS :love::love::love: 12/07 DOMs.

I've never been so tempted to buy something and hide it at a friend's house EVER. Ya'll, that Princess is GORGEOUS. You know how I feel about pukey-pink covers. This one is SO not like that IRL. I already have a Radian65 which has finally grown on me (it took taking it on vacation last month, lol). I REALLY don't need another seat - considering I just bought an Uptown that I didn't really need either :p

HOWEVER, we're trying to get preggo again... Hypothetically, I could use a Radian80 for the new baby. I really like how the Radian fits newborns, and I really never used the carrier function with DD, and I wouldn't use our snugride for more than a couple months at the most regardless. IF I got another Radian, I would sell my travel system, since the stroller has been used... twice. :thumbsdown: I hated it.

OK, so anyway, there's a store in a local mall (Monroeville Mall, fellow Pittsburghers ;)). It's like an auto accessory store, and they guy bought into the Radians a couple months ago, but he wasn't selling them at all (I mean, I never would have looked there for car seats, ya know?). He's got a few of the champagne 65s left, and 4 (4!) Princess 80s. I know he has a few supercools as well, but I didn't ask how many. I don't have to make a decision today, but I'm seriously lusting. :eek:

Last edited:
ADS

MsFacetious

I would so buy a Radian 80 for $165 and I don't even LIKE the seat. My girly girl would love the Princess cover.

I would do that and sell your travel system, that sounds perfectly reasonable to me. You just have to make sure it's a girl since DH might not be happy about his boy riding in a Princess Radian! lol

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, wait. The new, improved Radian is coming out in August. Are you sure you want the old model?

BW1426

Yes, you need the Princess Radian. Since you already have the 65 it doesn't matter if your next one is a girl or a boy and you can use the pink infant padding in the 65 for your new LO when they come along.

You NEED it :D

Can you tell I'm in love with my Princess Radian :love:

PixieEMT

Oooooo! If I had a DD I would be on that! I live over in Northeastern PA. Pittsburg is a good 3-4 hours away from me.

CrabbyBunchX3

DH is heading through monroeville next week(and the best part-I convinced him we need one a radian)....
Can you tell me the name of the shop, please?

sunnymw

LOL, if they weren't so freaking heavy I'd send you money to buy ME one and ship it. Ah, supercool *drools*

wendy1221

Think you could buy one for me and my parents in Johnstown could pick it up on their way to see us after my baby's born? ROFL! I'm having my first girl after 3 boys, so I"m going a little pink crazy myself. My dh would KILL me if I bought another seat. But I could always sell a Boulevard (ds2 outgrew his) and the Companion after the baby gets a little bigger. lol

Mama!

Man, if the new Radian RF to 40 lbs, I'm all over it. Like white on rice. :cool:

But I'd so buy a Radian 80 right now. Princess. Is that a B and M store?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Re: Someone, please, talk me down UPDATED QUESTION! BELOW!

Sorry ya'll, it's so hard to get onto the computer with DD around (I only get on when someone can entertain her for a few minutes... Someone named Max and Ruby ;);)

OK, so really, what could the new and improved be? Seriously? If it's just the extra 2 lbs RFing I'm really not bothered... DD will height out before she reaches either limit.

And would I rather have the supercool? It really is a nice fabric.

And no, I wouldn't let my newborn son (should that situation arise). I would put the baby in the 65 and DD in the 80, in that sitch ;)

emandbri

Since you don't need the seat and there might be improvements later I would just buy a new cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC