Chicco c1, cT0.1?

mamamcnaughton

I bought this stroller for my 2 year old, 25 lb son after reading so many rave reviews on it. I received it a few days ago, and I am NOT impressed! The sunshade is really cool, but that's about it. My son already looks crammed in there (and it is supposed to last to 50 lbs). The ride is not smooth at all (no matter which way I adjusted the suspension), compared to the Trevi I returned to buy this C1. The handles are really wobbly and you cannot use them to lean the stroller to get it onto a sidewalk (hope that makes sense). I have checked and they are locked into position but just seem super cheap, as does the recline mechanism. Am I doing something wrong?
I have already listed the C1 on Craigslist and if sold I will go on the hunt for yet ANOTHER lightweight, everyday walking toddler stroller. I really want a P3 but cannot afford that much at this point. There are NEVER any used around my way, either!
Thanks for reading my vent :)

ADS

cso1997

I am so sorry that you aren't liking the C1. I love mine and would not put it in the same class as the Trevi at all. It is much nicer, IMO. Hopefully it will sell quickly and you can find something else that you like.

hsjwmom

I have been obsessing over the C1 for so long, and am disappointed! Am I doing something wrong that the handles are wobbly?

I think they tend to be wobbly because of their being able to turn 360 degrees. It bugged me at first, but I really like being able to change the hangle position.

I do have trouble with the recline sometimes. It can be a pain in the butt, where one side will adjust but not the other side.

I actually had my 5 yo (at the time) ride in it and it worked wonderfully! I think that's what really sold me on it. That, and I LOVE the hood. I can't tell you how much I love that shade!

(I won mine, so I really can't complain too much :eek: )

mamamcnaughton

Yep, I agree that the hood is great!! That was one of the things that sold me.

The handles just bug me because is hard to lean on them enough to tilt the stroller and get it up onto a sidewalk. If no one shows any interest on craigslist, I'm going to try it out again and see if I can get used to it. It's good to know your 5 y/o fit in it and you could still push it! Don't think DS will be interested in a stroller at 5, but at least I know it's possible :)

hsjwmom

The handles just bug me because is hard to lean on them enough to tilt the stroller and get it up onto a sidewalk.

What works better to get it over a curb: brace the stroller with your foot on the little "step" on the back. (the one you use to open the stroller) It gives you better leverage than just leaning on the handles.

I don't know if I'm explaining this well!?

Anyway, I hope you get a taker for it, or that you can make it work for you. :)

mamamcnaughton

Oh, ok that makes sense. I'll have to try that next time. Maybe I can use the c1 for a mall/theme park stroller and buy a swivel wheel jogger for our walks around town. Now to convince DH :):)

mamamcnaughton

hsjwmom - I tried what you said about using the step on the back to leverage the stroller onto the curb. It definitely worked and took some pressure off the handles, but it's hard to get a good rhythm going when I am stopping to do this at every block, KWIM? I am going to call Chicco tomorrow with my complaints and see if there is anything they can recommend.

Another thing I noticed is that the footrest for the child does not lock into place. Is this normal?

hsjwmom

Hmmm. I'm not sure about the footrest...dd3 is still little enough that she doesn't use it and dd2 only used it the one time 5-6 months ago. I'll try to look at it tomorrow.

mamamcnaughton

I called Chicco and they said that:

This stroller has a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase - not sure the handles will last much longer than that?

The front footrest does NOT lock into place.

The only way to leverage the stroller onto curbs is to use the back footrest. She strongly suggested doing it this way rather than put pressure on handles.

I really wanted a walking stroller. If I had the money to have both, I would do it, but I think I need to return. No interest at all on Craigslist. Bought it off BabyUniverse and they said that there would be no problem with me returning it having used it outside. Good deal!

Thank you all for your advice and input!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC