Let's hope people ignore our advertisements!

laurenrachey

for a shield seat! :eek:

2.jpg

3.jpg

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Thats been on there for weeks. I keep wanting to say something, but I didn't know how to copy it like you did!

Every time I come on here I see how I can get a brand new OHS seat for only 69.99!! I think I will jump at the chance now ;)

Any reason why it never changes to another seat???

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I did send a nice message to Target via the link on the other thread. I think if the Car-Seat.Org borg joins in, they will get the message and remove that ad from everywhere it appears;-)

I'll give it another couple weeks and then consider blocking Target ads altogether if I can.

laurenrachey

Thats been on there for weeks. I keep wanting to say something, but I didn't know how to copy it like you did!

The "Print Scr" button is useful every now and then :) It copies the screen, then you can paste is into a program like Paint, and save it as a pic.

Let's hope Target takes a hint and stops advertising that. Especially when you can get the Scenera for less! More of a bargain for a safer seat!

PS, Sorry Darren, I didn't know this had already been brought up! :rolleyes:

fyrfightermomma

The "Print Scr" button is useful every now and then :) It copies the screen, then you can paste is into a program like Paint, and save it as a pic.

Let's hope Target takes a hint and stops advertising that. Especially when you can get the Scenera for less! More of a bargain for a safer seat!

I have a mac....do I have a print screen button?? I dont see one...hmmm...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Me too! I had no idea there were ads on here now.

:thumbsup:

They are supposed to be fairly unobtrusive to senior community members and technical professionals;-) Other usergroups see more. Logout sometime and see all the ones unregistered guests can see lol! Still pretty tame compared to many websites, though. Donors see none, except the premier sponsor bottom banner that has been there for a long time.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

No worries! I'm not real fond of advertisements at all. I managed to avoid them for 6 years lol.

On the other hand, after the most recent server crash, I got a quote from another provider who is known for having a great setup to run applications like busy forums. The quote was almost $500 per month, based on our current resource use and some room for growth :-( I think that had to be overkill, but I'm still concerned about the costs in the future.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
April Fool's! . . . in June :eek:.

If you don't use Firefox and aren't SCM, tech professionals, or donors, I highly recommend AdBlock Pro. It was cheap and it blocks everything. Free 30-day trial too.

sirrahn

Donors see none, except the premier sponsor bottom banner that has been there for a long time.

Oh, so I wouldn't see them anyway I guess? I love Adblock for everywhere else though. I hate when I have to use IE tab to see some pages...makes me dizzy with all the flashing stuff!

laurenrachey

I have a mac....do I have a print screen button?? I dont see one...hmmm...

Just tried this on my Mac: Command (Apple button) + Control + Shift + 3
Then open Preview, and click File --> New Document from Clipboard.

Oh Command + Shift + 3 just automatically places a picture on the desktop, thus skipping the Preview - File - New Doc step!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006030112074

Not exactly easy to remember, but if you used it a couple times... It does work on my Mac OS X.3ish??

Hope this helps!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I downloaded that, I'm a technical professional, and I still see the OHS ad.

Wendy

All members except donors (even moderators, admins and me), see the advertising placement above the quick reply box. More information is here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=46531 .

Can't help you with Firefox, sorry!

On the plus side, that particular banner may be replaced this weekend with a static affiliate banner bar that should be less bothersome and gives me complete control over what is shown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC