cosco alpha omega car seat

A

aruss

cosco alpha omega car seat

I want to find out if anyone else owns this car seat and has as much trouble as I do with it. My 1 yo can remove her arms from it already and I paid so much money for it I don't know what to do. I should have known better as I have the Eddie Bauer seat for my 4 year old and that seat never worked correctly. can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix this seat so it is better fitting or am I just out the $130.?

Thank you

ADS
C

Caviller

Re: cosco alpha omega car seat

Some people do have problems with this seat for various reasons. For others, it fits fine and should be safe.

As long as your seat hasn't been in a crash and is in good condition, you could always try selling it on ebay. It is a very popular seat, particularly because it claims to accomodate such a wide range of children.

I don't have much experience with this model, so I can't suggest any ways to improve its fit. You might read through the instructions again, there may be a tip you missed previously. The harness straps can take some time to make sure they are in the correct positions.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Please post your child's weight, and whether they are front or rear facing, and your vehicle. Perhaps someone else can help.

K

kymberlee26

I have two of these seats...

...and thank goodness I don't have to use them on a daily basis. They are in my dh's van and he insisted on purchasing them. YUCK!

Do you have the 5 point or the shield model? Children have been known to get out of a shield seat as it does not fit as snug as a 5 point, which is one of the reasons that a 5 point seat is considered safER.

Do you have the paperclip style chest clip or the redesigned two piece version? If you have the paperclip style call Cosco - they'll send you the two piece version. This version is harder to slide down the straps and also helps keep the straps flattER though you will still have twisty straps to some extent.

How tight do you have the harness? It should be as snug as a hug. When testing at the shoulder you should be able to get no more than one finger underneath the strap. Testing anywhere else you should not be able to pinch more than one inch of strap.

Are you using the proper slot height for your child? You should choose the one that is at or below your child's shoulders if they are rearfacing - at or above your child's shoulders if your child is forward facing. Though, at 1 year old if they are under 35 pounds and have more than 1" of hard shell above their head they would be better off rearfacing.

This is all that comes to mind at the moment. Please feel free to post back if you have additional information about your situation or if you find that one of these solutions fixes your problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC