Techs at our Health Dept.**RANT**

Andie

I pulled into our health department today, parked, and what do I see next to me? A car with 4 kids in the back seat. Only one was in a car seat and they were all at least under 4 years old!!!!!!!!! There was an adult in the front, and I'm sure they were waiting for someone because when I came out they were still sitting there. They didn't speak english. I've seen them around. I said something to the receptionist and she said she couldn't do anything, and that the spanish-speaking tech there probably wouldn't do anything either because the techs at the H.D. take pity on/feel sorry for people and let them continue to be unsafe!!!!!!!!!! The receptionist said that!!! WTH is wrong with them?? I couldn't even call the cops cause they technically were not driving like that, even though I KNEW they would, and our cops wouldn't sit and wait to see if they would drive anyway. ARGH! Thanks for reading. I feel better now.

ADS

sunnymw

Wow, can't believe that! Isn't that... what's that called when you help someone break the law? Aiding and abetting or something???

Andie

I wish that they'd see the error of this and take some newer classes. Or, at least hire someone who knows their stuff!

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
While I'm not condoning being unsafe I have to say that, in some cases, there's not much that can be done. If the Health Dept doesn't have funds for proper car seats should these techs pay for seats themselves? They can certainly educate...but they may have done that already and gotten nowhere. And the police could certainly stop them but the most they're going to do, most likely, is ticket them...and that's not going to fix the issue, either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC