Recaro Start $289 free shipping?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Absolutely the most opposite to the SR/C you can get, which is why I bought it when my ds was three and the SRC was the ONLY other decent choice... it's a huge, heavy, solid, tether-mandatory, built in shoulderbelt lockoff seat...the SRC is like... a flimsier version of the Turbo that's harder to adjust ;)

The Recaro is a good booster for people who welcome a challenge... for the more faint of heart I'd go with something simpler to work with... like a Parkway or Monterey or...just something relatively basic and easy to move.

(yay for new booster laws! woo hoo!)

ADS

scatterbunny

ITA with Julie! I think for someone not wanting to bother with appropriate restraint to begin with, the Start might be overkill, it might be too complicated and heavy for them to deal with. It's a fabulous booster, but so heavy and different from most other boosters on the market that it could be overwhelming for them to use.

PHaley

Thanks ladies :thumbsup: I have been so immersed in the world of ERF and EH that boosters are new but fun also :) I would be the one using the Start and probably let them hold the SR/C or like you said go get him a Turbo if they promise to use it. I was wondering in comparison more like how high (tallest setting) how much leg room puzzling in 3 across situation stuff like that. You ladies are so encouraging on this stuff lol

scatterbunny

Oh, if YOU will be using it, then it might be just fine. ;) The Start adjusts REALLY tall, it's hard to measure correctly because of the style of headwings and belt guides, but I have comparison pics of my dd in different boosters that might help you judge the height on the Start. I'll go dig up that link in a second.

The Start has great leg room/leg support. It is depth-adjustable. My dd uses it on the deepest setting but has plenty of room to grow. The angle of the seat makes it super-supportive, too (not perfectly flat like most boosters). I don't think it's great for three-across, at least IME it's not. :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, well, spoil yourself, for sure!
I like that my kids rarely ever lean out of the headwings on these seats (unless they are trying to both see the same gameboy...). My leggy almost 11 yo has several inches to grow in it (he's wearing 10-12 shirts for comparison, and really 'almost' passing the 5 step test now).

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Sorry, just have to vent my obsession somewhere...

The Midnight Flash is out-of-stock, so I'm getting plain 'ol black instead. *sigh*

On a happier note, though - it's shipped, and it's in TOLEDO now!!

(Yes, package tracking is very bad for my sanity.)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooooh the covers are only 95 on that site... I might need some microfiber ones, huh? (I have 'Volcano' print, which is cottony)

lovinwaves

I just got off the phone with Recaro and they did verify they do drop ship for studentmarket.com, and they are an okay online company to purchase from :thumbsup:

And btw, that websites customer service was fabulous :)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Yep, mine's shipping directly from Recaro, too, which is why I didn't cancel my order when they said they didn't have Midnight Flash. If Recaro is out, I seriously doubt I'm going to find it anywhere else, regardless of whether or not their website says they have it, and almost certainly not at that price!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC