Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe question.

Jules5

I'm looking for a good convertable car seat for my now 8 month old who is almost ready to outgrow her Evenflo Comfort touch infant seat in both weight and height. I would really like to get more bang for my buck. DH wants us to just get her a Cosco Scenera like we have for our twins, but I know that next year we are going to have to get them both new seats, which is a pain!! But I was looking at the FPSVD and remembered that they no longer make them, and the ones that they are selling will most likely have a MSRP of 07 was it? Is there anyplace that sells them at a discounted price? I checked out Albee baby, and they are discounted to 129, from 199, and that is great, but would it be worth it to spend the money on it, when I could get an Evenflo Triumph Advance for the same price, but get an extra year out of it? Or is the FPSVD that good of a seat that it would be worth that extra year? Also is the exp date 6 yrs like typical carseats?? Sorry for all of the questions! Financially a Cosco Scenera would be easier, but looking at it in the long run, it might not be a good finacial decision! I don't know!! Any thoughts???

ADS

Stretchy Glue

I would get the EFTA. If it were for a 2 year old, the FPSVD wouldn't be bad, but you've lost a full year and that's pretty spendy for only 5 years. Also, the EFTA tends to last a little longer for taller kids.

Jules5

My twins are two and will be 3 in September. They are both 37 inches and 33 and 32lbs. But right now there is no way we can afford to get them both new seats, espescially when they still have room to grow in their carseats! Thanks for the advice!! :) I am going to try and talk my dh into the EFTA, and tell him it would be cheaper to get this seat in the long run, and safer!! Thanks!!

keri1292

How about a Graco Nautilus ($150) for the twin closest to outgrowing the Scenera and pass down the Scenera. Then, buy the other twin a Nautilus when the Scenera is outgrown. :) This way, you'll only have one spare Scenera. This would be the cheapest solution. :)

cryswilkins

How about a Graco Nautilus ($150) for the twin closest to outgrowing the Scenera and pass down the Scenera. Then, buy the other twin a Nautilus when the Scenera is outgrown. :) This way, you'll only have one spare Scenera. This would be the cheapest solution. :)

I think that this is a great solution.

I have the FPSVD, and I do love it. But I am not sure if its work buying for a infant at this point. The really need to go down in price for what the DOMs are of the seats that are left. I think that Sept 07 was the newest that people have gotten.

Jules5

Keri- This does sound like a great solution! I'll run it by my dh! I do have to check my Scenera's for the tear in the harness, since I haven't gotten the chance yet, but if it is torn the man. will replace it for free right??

keri1292

Yes, Cosco will replace it.

This way you only have to purchase one new seat at a time. Less $$$ at one time. :thumbsup:

Jules5

cryswilkins- I agree that they need to lower the price when the MSRP is 07 at the latest! Question about the Nautilus, does anyone know how wide it is?? Our Ford Freestar is kind of on the narrow side. We have the two scenera's and then a lbb for my 6 yo, and a saftey 1st booster/harness combo (which is HUGE!!) Just wondering if it will fit!

cryswilkins

Its pretty wide. I would go to BRU and see if you can try it first. Also BRU does sometimes have coupons for their carseats. so you could knock a couple bucks off the price that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC