Thingamababy reviews the Trufit

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
It says in the review that the True Fit requires the top tether for FF installs. Is that correct?

Good review, though. :)

mish

I was also wondering about the top tether. I hadn't heard that before. Can someone with a manual look this up?

T

Thingamadad

Page 36 of the manual, Section 7 - Installation and Use.

It's a seemingly out-of-place asterisk item under Tether Storage.

"*Use top tether in all forward facing installations*"

Earlier in the manual, the two forward-facing installation examples both use a top tether. There is no example of the seat being used forward-facing without the tether.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Decent enough review. Too bad the seat they have is one with older stickers showing only position one and two for RF. I also noted they alluded to FF a toddler

If you're like me, and you unhook your toddler with one hand while turning and leaning around from the driver's seat, you may be out of luck.

My manual says that the tether must be used in all FF installations, BUT I'm in Canada and tethering is required here for FF, so they have to say that in our manuals.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Technogranola: Their daughter is 4 years old. So I don't see anything amiss in the allusion.
Well, their quote says "toddler" which is basically age 1 and 2. So, their quote is alluding that toddlers can go FF in that seat. Which they technically can, but since they did a good job of not giving advice on RF vs FF in the rest of the article, I was a bit disappointed to see this quote.

If they were referring to their own 4 year old, then pre-schooler would have been a better choice of words.

mimieliza

I love their suggestion of a DVD included for installation and use instructions. My Ergo baby carrier came with one. Why on earth don't carseat manufacturers do this?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I love their suggestion of a DVD included for installation and use instructions. My Ergo baby carrier came with one. Why on earth don't carseat manufacturers do this?
That is a great idea. My Svan high chair came with a DVD and it was great! I plugged it into the DVD player and put it together while watching the DVD. I could pause and replay when necessary.

With the amount of vehicles that have DVD players in them, and the low cost of portable DVD players, it would be easy for most people to even have the DVD going in the vehicle while doing the install.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

Safeguard does include an instruction DVD with the Safeguard Child Seat and the Safeguard Go. Maybe more manufacturers will catch on to this. :thumbsup:

jmm3

Decent enough review. Too bad the seat they have is one with older stickers showing only position one and two for RF.

Does anyone know when they changed the stickers? Or if they are changed for the U.S? My TrueFit that I got last week has the old kind and is also the same in the manual (RF slots 1, 2, FF slots 2, 3, 4). It has a 3/1/08 DOM.

I agree it was a pretty good review. I didn't see if they mentioned about the adjuster being difficult to reach when RF. We are having that problem, but it hasn't been unbearable.

lemurmommies

Does anyone know when they changed the stickers? Or if they are changed for the U.S? My TrueFit that I got last week has the old kind and is also the same in the manual (RF slots 1, 2, FF slots 2, 3, 4). It has a 3/1/08 DOM.

I agree it was a pretty good review. I didn't see if they mentioned about the adjuster being difficult to reach when RF. We are having that problem, but it hasn't been unbearable.

I don't know about the US, but I have a Canadian True Fit with a 4/1/08 DOM that has the new stickers (1, 2, and 3 RF, 2, 3, and 4 FF.)

And I agree with you about the adjuster being difficult to reach, but I try not to fiddle with it and just leave the straps tight.

featherhead

They didn't mention the harness adjuster being difficult to reach rf, but they have a 3 month old (I think), and also they mentioned that it HAD to be at a 45 degree angle. They don't have the inside scoop like we do:) And apparently at 45 degrees its not too difficult to reach the adjuster (I say apparently, cause I haven't got to use one yet).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC