Regent top slot height

laurenrachey

Anyone else really bummed that this seems to keep creeping south? I remember people saying it was 19.5-20" when I first heard about it (DS was about 18 months old) Ive been struggling back and forth between the frontier and the regent because I was having a hard time committing to the frontier when I knew there was something that could keep him harnessed longer. Now I just read a thread that said the post advisory regent and the frontier are pretty much the same. Why why WHY are they dropping the top slots on a seat that has flown off shelves to keep kids' harnessed longer than any other seat?? :confused:

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I haven't heard that. I thought the Regent was still the highest on the market, at close to 20 inches, if not exactly. I'd go measure our post-advisory Regent, but I don't have it with me right now.

Calideedle

I have a Post and Pre Advisory Regent and had a Frontier for a day.

The Post Regent DEFINATLY had higher top slots than the Frontier in my Jetta. By a mile!

My DS was on the last slot in the Frontier installed and is below the 2nd to last slots on the Regent.

laurenrachey

Hmmm I was going off of Judi's thread in this post where she said she was getting about the same measurements. I wish I could just mash the two seats together, and get what I wanted! :rolleyes: I just wish the top slots on the Frontier were about an inch higher.

Calideedle

I also depends on your seats and how reclined the Car seat ends up, etc. But I know in my car the Regent had way higher top slots! So much so that I sold the Frontier because it was a waste of $$ for me.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I had a thread up for awhile showing Tyler in a pre and post advisory regent. I will go look for pics. I got the post advisory one as straight up as I could, but it was still lower.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Pre:
IMG_5900.jpg

He has outgrown the Frontier by about the same amount. This is the whole reason I wanting a Husky or pre-advisory Regent. I need it to last.

sixmaybemore

I fear I am out of the loop on the Regent references to pre/post advisory. Would somebody be willing to fill me in?

And I have to say, the harness height dropping = WHY?!!! would you do that! I just purchased a Regent for 7 yo, he is 64 lbs, and definitely going to outgrow it before 80 lbs.

ginny4

its more about the instal really. the recline bar on regent makes it seem like the harness height is lower, kids will fit it differently than the pre advisory (without recline bar).

even the same kid can have a different fit in the seat depending on the postiion in the same car. like going from outboard to center can make the seat fit differently

hope i made sense

MomToEliEm

My pre-advisory regent and post-advisory regent seem to have the same measurements. Here are some pictures I took a few weeks ago. The recline bar seems to be the main issue with getting the slots to fit my kids differently. It also depends a lot of the vehicle seat where it is installed.

Pre-advisory and post advisory regents side by side.
Left - Blue Bouquet, March 2006 (pre-advisory)
Right - Madison, July 2007 (post advisory)
regentcomparison1.jpg

Pre-Advisory Regent top harness slot
RegentPre.jpg

Post Advisory Regent top harness slot
RegentPost.jpg

laurenrachey

Thank you soooo much! I feel a little better. So it is actually the recline bar that makes the slot seem lower? Depending on how much your seat backs naturally recline combined with the recline bar? (Sorry for all the questions, I've only seen a Regent in person one time at BRU and just looked, didn't try to install or anything)

MomToEliEm

Thank you soooo much! I feel a little better. So it is actually the recline bar that makes the slot seem lower? Depending on how much your seat backs naturally recline combined with the recline bar? (Sorry for all the questions, I've only seen a Regent in person one time at BRU and just looked, didn't try to install or anything)

Yep, it really does depend a lot on the vehicle configuration. The more upright the seat can sit, the taller it will appear. The recline bar may hinder the upright fit in some vehicles, yet in other vehicles, it may actually aid in getting the upright fit.

sixmaybemore

Yep, it really does depend a lot on the vehicle configuration. The more upright the seat can sit, the taller it will appear. The recline bar may hinder the upright fit in some vehicles, yet in other vehicles, it may actually aid in getting the upright fit.

I can *barely get it in my van with the recline bar. When I first put it in I was horrified, thinking that it wouldn't buckle. I have to push on it *just right for it to buckle.

HEVY

I just had a really long convo with someone from Britax, I think her name was Heather. She says both seats are exactly the same height, 19.1 as it is and just under 20 naked ;) and fully compressed. Compression would depend on weight of the child, she also said the maximun harness height was also based on the strap location on the cover, that the harness needs to be in the cover slot without pressing down on it at or above the shoulder and that the slots in the shell don't necessarily line up perfectly with the cover slots.

I would like to add this about the Frontier cause I know it wasn't said in confidence, I'm just a customer, ya know. But I said the only thing I didn't like about the Frontier was the arm rests, and she said there may be some changes and to "look out" for it in on the newer models being released.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The recline makes us loose height though. So Having the same height doesn't help us.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Anyone else really bummed that this seems to keep creeping south? I remember people saying it was 19.5-20" when I first heard about it (DS was about 18 months old) Ive been struggling back and forth between the frontier and the regent because I was having a hard time committing to the frontier when I knew there was something that could keep him harnessed longer. Now I just read a thread that said the post advisory regent and the frontier are pretty much the same. Why why WHY are they dropping the top slots on a seat that has flown off shelves to keep kids' harnessed longer than any other seat?? :confused:

I have 2 pre advisory Regent & 1 post advisory Regent (bought it this Feb). All 3 have the exact same harness height sitting exactly the same with no covers on. When installed in a vehicle it will change the measurements due to the recline of the vehicle seat. Plus if you are using or not using the recline bar (on pre advisory seats) will get you different measurements. Plus add in different covers (some are thicker then others).

I also have a GN & had a Frontier. The Regent still has a lot more growing room then either one of those seats. My kids will easily get 1-2 add'l years out of the 5pt harness Regent then the other 2.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Here is Tyler in the Frontier:
IMG_1212.jpg

Here is the post advisory Regent:
IMG_5902.jpg

Both were installed on the same bench seat. Both are outgrown at about the same time. He still fits nicely in the pre advisory regent. I have his sister in the post advisory one.

HEVY

Yes it's true with the recline or different type of seats the height is different, I left that out. She also said that the seat was made reclined instead of more upright cause it had better test results, and the recline bar is supposed to keep it in the "proper" position. But in pre-advisory it passed either way but recline was better, but the decision was up to the users. She also said that it recommended the use of the recline in pre-advisory.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Yes it's true with the recline or different type of seats the height is different, I left that out. She also said that the seat was made reclined instead of more upright cause it had better test results, and the recline bar is supposed to keep it in the "proper" position. But in pre-advisory it passed either way but recline was better, but the decision was up to the users. She also said that it recommended the use of the recline in pre-advisory.

Yes, Very true installation will change the harness height of any seat. But, Comparing both seats harness height wise they are exactly the same in the same setting (both coverless & sitting on a flat surface (the ground) both measured exactly the same top slot wise. Sure once I install them I will get different measurements and my child will fit differently.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC