New Britax Canadian User Guides

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I did have Trudy in mind when I posted this. :) I can't wait for her to comb through them.

I just skimmed the Frontier one, but here are a few things that stood out to me.

-it has the "assume 40 lb limit" in the vehicle doesn't state a UAS limit
-the LBP instructions were included
-65 lb harnessed limit and 40 lb booster minimum, but we knew those already.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thanks. Of course I am disappointed about the 32" and 30 lbs still there for RF (which we all knew would still be there). I also think we should be talking to Britax about raising the FF requirements which are currently 1 year, 20 lbs AND 29".

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Looks like Britax is offering up free tether anchor kits for people with pre-drills. Page 13 of the Frontier / Page 8 on Adobe. I wonder if I can call and ask for a few? ;) I can add them to my kit of shelf liner, Marathon recall kits, pool noodles and chalk.

-Nicole.

snowbird25ca

I did have Trudy in mind when I posted this. :) I can't wait for her to comb through them.

I just skimmed the Frontier one, but here are a few things that stood out to me.

-it has the "assume 40 lb limit" in the vehicle doesn't state a UAS limit
-the LBP instructions were included
-65 lb harnessed limit and 40 lb booster minimum, but we knew those already.

:p You know I've been checking for them every day hey? (or Monday to Friday anyways. ;))

Thanks for posting them, I'll get through them tonight and will definitely post my thoughts. :thumbsup:

Looks like Britax is offering up free tether anchor kits for people with pre-drills. Page 13 of the Frontier / Page 8 on Adobe. I wonder if I can call and ask for a few? ;) I can add them to my kit of shelf liner, Marathon recall kits, pool noodles and chalk.

-Nicole.

Worth trying. Britax has always provided CDN parents with 1 free TA kit per seat if they call and request it. I'm not sure how many parents have ever taken advantage of it, or if they would send out more than one, but never hurts to try. :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

So I read through the manuals and there's not really anything surprising in there... the Blvd manual really is just the MA manual with the Blvd specific stuff added in and the MA specific stuff removed, same for Diplomat.

Frontier is quite similar to the US manual - although I'm very impressed with the section about how to decide whether to try LBP or SBP, and the illustration/explanation of LBP is very good.

I will admit I'm nervous about the frontier showing up in stores. I have to wonder about returns and how that will affect stores carrying it... carseat returns are expensive to TRU because they don't resell the seats.

QuassEE

You just totally outed me in public. Because I had the Marathon when it first came out in the US 6 years ago, I've never read the Canadian manual cover-to-cover, but I still consult it when need be {the three different sets of belt routing instructions...} I'd never seen the offer of the TA kit, as a result.. I wonder if it's metric or imperial?

-Nicole.

Worth trying. Britax has always provided CDN parents with 1 free TA kit per seat if they call and request it. I'm not sure how many parents have ever taken advantage of it, or if they would send out more than one, but never hurts to try. :thumbsup:

hipmaman

I will admit I'm nervous about the frontier showing up in stores. I have to wonder about returns and how that will affect stores carrying it... carseat returns are expensive to TRU because they don't resell the seats.

Well, carseats at baby boutiques are final sale - no return, no exchange. Zellers has 90 days return policy. TRU, I would imagine 90 days too? Sears, I think I remember it as depending on the condition and the reason of return but I think it's less than 90 days.

snowbird25ca

You just totally outed me in public. Because I had the Marathon when it first came out in the US 6 years ago, I've never read the Canadian manual cover-to-cover, but I still consult it when need be {the three different sets of belt routing instructions...} I'd never seen the offer of the TA kit, as a result.. I wonder if it's metric or imperial?

-Nicole.

Nah, not trying to "out" you. Besides, you used to live in the US. ;) I know a # of people that have read the manual but still missed that comment. I believe in my manual it's listed way back with the warranty info or the page right before. ;) I'd assume metric since TA's in the US are metric too? I only said CDN because I don't know if they provide anchors to US parents or not.

Well, carseats at baby boutiques are final sale - no return, no exchange. Zellers has 90 days return policy. TRU, I would imagine 90 days too? Sears, I think I remember it as depending on the condition and the reason of return but I think it's less than 90 days.

Sears is 60 days I believe. TRU/BRU is 45 days. I'm curious if that's the return policy for the baby boutiques around here too, I've never bought a seat at one so really wouldn't know. :eek:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm curious if that's the return policy for the baby boutiques around here too, I've never bought a seat at one so really wouldn't know. :eek:
I was in Calgary in January and went to several baby boutiques and considered picking up a Marathon or Radian while I was there. All of them had a NO return policy on car seats. I didn't get one though as we bought too much other stuff so couldn't fit a car seat along with us. :D

April

I know TJ's (http://www.tjskids.com/) TOLD me 10 days for a return when I bought my Apex. Tags had to be on and it had to come back in the box (but the box could be opened). But they sell used carseats too. I wonder if they are carrying the new Britaxes? I should call tomorrow to save myself the drive.

hipmaman

I know TJ's (http://www.tjskids.com/) TOLD me 10 days for a return when I bought my Apex. Tags had to be on and it had to come back in the box (but the box could be opened). But they sell used carseats too. I wonder if they are carrying the new Britaxes? I should call tomorrow to save myself the drive.

I have heard of this before too. But what kind of conditions are these used carseats? Any of them happens to be Radian with 48 lbs AND short straps? TJ Kids is the other id for PMJ distributor of the Radian in Canada, eh!

April

I have heard of this before too. But what kind of conditions are these used carseats? Any of them happens to be Radian with 48 lbs AND short straps? TJ Kids is the other id for PMJ distributor of the Radian in Canada, eh!

I haven't heard of anyone getting a short strapped Radian from TJ's. IIRC, CT got their Radians directly from SKJP, and not from PJM. TJ's had the 65lb Radians pretty quick after the change as well. It lists on their site that they only buy back seats that were purchased from them, are less than 4 years old, are not expired, and have no recalls. However, they have no way of knowing whether the seat was in an accident and has hidden damage. Not that I would buy a used carseat from them anyway.

QuassEE

The seats that TJs sells are not expired, but...ugh! I can't believe that a company that's supposedly a "baby boutique" would do something so nasty just to make a buck...then again, they've done a number of nasty things just to make a buck.

-Nicole.

U

Unregistered

For those that mentioned car seat returns. I just thought that I should mention that in Ontario Zellers has a 30 day return, TRU/BRU 45 days. Wal-Mart has the only 90 day return policy that I know of. I just returned my Misty Morning TF to Zellers and it was totally a no questions asked return. In fact I could have returned an empty box. I had the box in a cart and the cashier leaned over and scanned the box and gave me my money back without even glancing at or in the box. I was actually a little shocked. On my way out of the store a while later I saw the box still sitting by the desk where I had left it untouched and unopened. I had just returned an Apex 65 to Wal-Mart and they had the box opened and checked the seat over and checked to make sure the manual was there etc.

Jen

April

The seats that TJs sells are not expired, but...ugh! I can't believe that a company that's supposedly a "baby boutique" would do something so nasty just to make a buck...then again, they've done a number of nasty things just to make a buck.

-Nicole.

Do tell Nicole...you've got me interested...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC