Help for a cousin

my2kidsSafe

I have a cousin who currently has 3 dc. The oldest is 5 weighs around 40 lbs if that and in a regent. The middle is 2.5 and is currently rearfacing in the marathon weighing about 32 lbs. And they now have a 1 year old who is outgrowing his safe seat in height. He has about an inch and quarter left above his head in the shell. So she is going to give him the marathon. Now she is at a loss to either put the 2.5 year old in the regent and by either a nautilus for the 5 year old. Or would you leave the 5 year old in the regent and give the 2.5 year old the nautilus. Also does the nautilus and frontier have the same amount of shelf life, which one expires first. The marathon she has has the 33 lb rf weight limit if it was a 35 lbs one i was going to recommend getting a cheaper seat for the baby so the 2.5 year old can rear face. But at 2.5 i am comfortable turning him around as he lasted well beyond the norm. She doesn't know too much about carseat safely but knows i am a freak so for the safetly of her kids she does what i say. When we were talking she wanted to know which one would have the longest expiration date and if one is a significant longer than the other so it would last the baby when they needed it. Thanks in advance.

ADS

PixieEMT

I would suggest a new seat for the youngest baby.

Kmart has the Scenera on sale this week for $35. Just make sure it has a DOM of AT LEAST 5/2008 or newer.

Big Lots had Safety 1st Uptowns on sale last week for $60.

ginny4

well for expiration purposes the frontier is awesome at 9 years vs 6years for nauti (as harness & HBB) & the regent has 6years too. so i;d consider the frontier. & a 2.5yo would fit jsut fine i think

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think what to do depends, in part, on the expiration of the current seats she has. The Regent and the Marathon are both 6 years from DOM, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Was the MA a hand me down from the 5 year old? Then it might not have much life left and a new seat would have to be purchased.

my2kidsSafe

I think what to do depends, in part, on the expiration of the current seats she has. The Regent and the Marathon are both 6 years from DOM, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Was the MA a hand me down from the 5 year old? Then it might not have much life left and a new seat would have to be purchased.

No the MA was bought just for the 2.5 year old. I forget exactly the DOM but i want to say it has at least 4 years at least left in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC